Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Pink and Aqua


Today I had to make a "happy" card.  We are stuck in the house because it has been raining, raining, raining!!!   I think the Seattle weather has spread across the state to our area for all of Spring, because we don't usually get this much rain and wind.  To brighten my day,  I decided to use some of my favorite things, that I love to use to create my cards.   I always love to use the pretty Marianne Design embossing folders for a background, and of course, to create pretty flowers using dies or punches. 

I used the Marianne Cut and Emboss folder across the top of this 5.5" x 6" card.  It was backed with a piece of pink card stock to show off the cut out areas of the design.  I love butterflies and chose the Memory Box "Kaleidoscope Butterfly then lined it with the matching "Moonlight Butterfly".  I used a piece of pretty design paper for the aqua butterfly.   Along the very bottom of the card I added the very delicate Cheery Lynn "Mini Flourish Band".  

The flower was created using three different flower dies; the Cheery Lynn Miniature Rose; Sweet William; and Stacker Flower #6. I used different shades of pink card stock, then place a small Kaiser Craft Pearl in the center of it.   On each side of the large flower, I added a white Cheery Lynn Medium Rose.   Under the flowers I added some of the Marianne Design "Anji Leaves"Memory Box "Chloe Stem"; and Marianne "Garden Branch".  The pretty flourish at the top of the flower is the MFT "Fancy Flourish".  


Marianne Design "Cut and Emboss Folder" (DS0907)
Memory Box Kaleidoscope Butterfly (98261)
Memory Box Moonlight Butterfly (98260)
Marianne Design "Anji Leaves" (LR0227)
Marianne Design "Decorative Elegance Leaves" (LR0156)
Cheery Lynn "Mini Flourish Band" (B176)
Cheery Lynn "Miniature Rose" (B152)
Cheery Lynn "Medium Rose" (B154)
Cheery Lynn "Sweet Williams" (D137)
Cheery Lynn "Stacker Flower #6" (SF-6)
Memory Box "Chloe Stem" (98321)
MFT "Fancy Flourish"   

18 comments:

Sheila - Ginger said...

Absolutely stunning Selma!! You really never cease to amaze me with your wonderful creations. It's such a pleasure to visit your beautiful blog.

Love Sheila xx

Melissa Czapor said...

Gorgeous!!! I just love the color combo!!

Venus and Luanne @ Sisters Craft Cafe said...

very beautiful! love the embossing on your card and wonderful color combination

Luanne

Edilza Teixeira Scrap e Artes said...

Oi Selma!!!

Quanta delicadeza no seu cartão. Amo ver seus trabalhos.

Beijos

Leanne ... said...

Oh so pretty Selma. Love the flower you made. And of course we do love the embossing folders.
(((Hugs))) Leanne

CraftinGranny said...

Love this color combo Selma. My what a gorgeous and elegant card. Thanks for stopping by. It's been good to get out in blog land and visit today. I so miss everyone and all the beautiful creations, Have a wonderful week! "Hugs"

Danielle Champagne said...

Wow Selma, this is just beautiful I love all about it. Hugs.

Kathy said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous! All the delicate dies! So very pretty! Blessings! Kathy

Bhawana said...

you have wonderful dies must say.... its breathtaking....

Jane said...

Always. I love to look at your cards. They are so delicate and elegant . Beautiful job.j

Jane said...

Always. I love to look at your cards. They are so delicate and elegant . Beautiful job.j

Glenda said...

Selma, another lovely creation. I love the color combo and the little butterfl is gorgeous!

Francie (Montreal) said...

So pretty!

Betty Benton said...

Beautiful card -- it made me happy too!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful cutout work, Selma, everything is so beautiful and fresh! Have a wonderful day!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is just gorgeous Selma!

Bon Bob’s Delights said...

Golly I am in love with your designs!! Just beautiful and love the pink and aqua colors!!

Darlene said...

This is SOOOOOOO pretty Selma! I hope it helped to brighten your day ... I know it brightened mine! Love your choice of colors too! Another beautiful work-of-art!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails