Sunday, February 13, 2011

Rejoice For He Lives



Today I am posting another card created with the new Heartfelt Creations release "New Life" Collection.  The two stamp sets used are: HCPC 3370 Easter Lilies PreCut Set and HCPC 3366 Wrought Iron Cross PreCut Set.  You can see this and many more cards created by the design team on the Heartfelt Creations blog.

This is a 5.5 inch square card. A strip of design paper from the DCWV “Café Mediterranean” paper pad was added to the left side. The lilies were stamped twice with Memento black ink – once on the card and once on a scrap piece of paper. The leaves were colored with the G21 Copic marker. A yellow chalk pencil was used to shade around the design then a soft cloth used to soften the color. The center of the flowers was lightly chalked with a yellow and lime green chalk pencil. The flowers and two ends of the design were cut out with scissors, shaped, then embossed with “Iridescent Ice” embossing powder to give them a shine. They were attached over the stamped design on the card. Both the verse and crosses were stamped with VersaMark ink and black embossed. The black beaded flourish was added to complete the card.

These new stamps from Heartfelt Creations are fabulous for creating all your Easter cards.

8 comments:

Winnie and Patty said...

Wow Selma--another gorgeous creation!!!! Great job. TFS

Anonymous said...

I love this birdcage card. The colors are beautiful. I really appreciate the detailed insructions. Thank you, pegarei@yahoo.com

Grace Baxter said...

I've been enjoying your blog and I am pleased to be able to present you with a very special award. Please drop by my blog to pick it up and get all the details.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Absolutely glorious! I was thinking I needed some Easter stamps!

Chrissy said...

Selma, this is absolutely gorgeous.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Glenda said...

Girl you just keep cranking them out one right after another! This is a beautiful Easter card! I love that you used chalk to shadow.

Judy Covey said...

I really like this card a lot Selma and it could work with most any flowers that are easily cut out, unless you had the coordinating punch. Thanks for the inspiration.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I think I saw your card somewhere else and it inspired me to order that stamp set. You are such an enabler. LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails