Thursday, June 24, 2010

Faith, Hope, Love









It's time for another Joan's Garden's Thursday Challenge.   The challenge this week is to create a card or project with a pretty Floral DP and a Martha Stewart Border and Corner Punch. 

My pretty floral design paper is from the Basic Grey "Cappella" paper pad.  There are so many beautiful papers in this one.  I cut my ivory card stock to make a 5.5" square card.  A piece of black cs was cut and corners rounded.  The Martha Stewart Border and Corner Punch I decided to use for the challenge is called "Lattice".  I started with a five inch square piece of green card stock and punched all four corners.  Then using the border punch had to punch twice in between each corner to get my pretty frame. A piece of the Cappella dp was placed in the center.

Three JustRite stamps sets were used for this card:  "My Garden"," Decorative Frames"  and "Loving Thoughts".  The flowers from "My Garden" were stamped twice and cut out.  Three of the flowers from the second stamped image were cut out to be added with dimensionals.  They were stamped using Vivid brown ink then sponged with Close to Cocoa ink.  A small amount of green was added in the center of each flower with a Copic marker then a black pearl added.  The frame from "Decorative Frames"  and verse from "Loving Thoughts" was black embossed on ivory card stock then sponged with brown ink.  It was matted on a piece of black card stock and attached to the center of the card with dimensionals.  A green satin bow was added and three pearls that were colored with Copic markers added to finish off the card.  The pearls look darker in the photo than they do on the card. 

All products used to create this card were purchased from Joan's Gardens


11 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Selma this is so adorable. I love the color combination. Everything about this card is just gorgeous.

Thanks for playing in Joan's Gardens #3 Challenge!!!!!

Betty Benton said...

Beautiful card, Selma. I'll try to play along this week!

CraftinGranny said...

Stunning card Selma! I love the peace and tranquility of the color scheme. Your work is always so beautiful and such a delight to see. Tho I don't always leave a comment for you I don't miss seeing your wonderful creations.
"Hugs" Granny (Carol)

craftieodmae said...

Another breath taking piece of art! Absolutely gorgeous!

The Other Patti Sue said...

One of my very favorite verses! Beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

This should be framed and hung on a wall.

Brenda said...

Selma this is so beautiful!!

Rama said...

Very calming, soothing, beautiful card. Love your work.

Anonymous said...

Selma
How pretty. You inspire me.

Colleen Horner

redwasher1 said...

Selma this card is outstanding!! I love it!! Congratulations on your win at Just-Rite stamps.

Darlene said...

Gorgeous as always Selma! I need to practice border punching a square ... never comes out right for me! I need lessons from you! Great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails