Friday, June 25, 2010

Girl Time



I love this card.  I used a new JustRite stamp set that I got recently.  It is called:  "Girl Time" and has six great centers and six borders.  I could hardly wait to make a card with this stamp.  Don't all girls love to get new shoes!!!  I stamped the Shopping Anyone center, cut it out with a Nestie then sponged around the edge.  The border was stamped and cut out with a scalloped Nestie.   Each scallop of this border was pierced then the edge sponged.  One more larger black scalloped circle was cut to layer behind the border.  Each layer was attached on dimensionals.  This is a 5.5x5.5 inch card.  A black piece of card stock was embossed with the Cuttlebug Argyle embossing folder.  A piece of beautiful design paper from the DCWV "La Creme" mat stack was added.  The flowers on this piece of design paper is "flocked".  I wanted to make the shoes in the JustRite stamp look the same so added some black flocking to them.  A perfect match!  Glitter was added around the little sign to give it more glitz.  The card seemed to be missing something so I decided to add the Martha Stewart butterflies.  These are from the punch that also has the stamps with it.  I love it because stamping the butterfly gives it a more realistic look. 

As you know, I purchase my stamping supplies  from Joan's Gardens.

Enjoy your weekend.

4 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

Another beautiful card my friend! You are so inspirational and do such beautiful work. God has blessed you Selma with a wonderful talent.
"Hugs" Granny (Carol)

Velta said...

Again...you have done a beautiful job in creating a perfect card Selma. I love your choice of design around this image. Thank you for sharing!

Kerrie said...

Another beautiful card, you really are one talented lady!

AKiteFlier said...

ACK _ how fun is this - even though I HATE shopping for shoes (I have a wide foot so I can't buy those cute strappy things) I still LOVE the card. GORGEOUS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails