Saturday, February 11, 2012

Heartfelt Thanks


Today I am using a very cute Memory Box die called "Heart Canopy" (98283) with the Memory Box "Twiggy Tree" (98143).  Don't you love all those little hearts!   This "Twiggy Tree" is such a cute die, and is very versatile, because there are different "canopies" you can get to go with it.   I used a piece of light pink design paper that has a lattice print in it to die cut the "Heart Canopy".  To color the hearts behind it, I found a piece of floral vellum in my stash that had some glitter in it and thought it would create a cute multi-color background.  I really like how it turned out.  You could try lots of different design papers to see what effect you like the best.  Another cute thing you could do is add a piece of tape on the backside and sprinkle glitter into each heart.    The "Twiggy Tree" was die cut using a light green "sparkly" card stock.  The fence is the Memory Box "Wrought Iron Fence" (98164).  I had to die cut two to fit across the bottom of the card.  The punched border was created using the Martha Stewart "Double Arches" punches.  Remember the flowers I made the other day using the Cheery Lynn "Sweet Williams" (D 137) dies? This is one of those flowers I created in that tutorial.    It is always nice to make more than you need for use at a later time!   The sentiment is from the JustRite "Fancy Tags" stamp set.

I hope you are having a great weekend.  I have been busy rearranging my craftroom - what a  big project!   My son and his family are arriving in a few days, so hopefully I have everything back in place soon.  It looks like a hurricane hit it right now!!!


420887

9 comments:

Mrs. Swandog said...

Selma...Love it! I bought the tree and heart canopy die. It's wonderful.

Glenda said...

Simply gorgeous. Love the soft colors!

Natalie said...

This is very pretty!

Betty Benton said...

Oh my goodness, what a spectacular tree! Love all those little hearts!

Scrapodelie said...

Very nice. I love your cards! They are very good. And I love when explain how to do.

Sheila - Ginger said...

Sooooo beautiful Selma love those pretty pastel colours. It's such a pretty die too.

Love Sheila xx

kc said...

Awesome card!!! Love all the colors.

Kathy

Kay said...

Hi Selma, Your cards are just fantastic.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love the various colors of the hearts. It's a lovely card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails