Saturday, August 26, 2023

Glory of Snow and Hemlock


Good Morning,

Today I have a card I created using the quilted background technique showed us how to do on her FaceBook Susan's Garden Club 2 Video.  I followed her instructions except I used a light grey PanPastel to color the shadows along the sides of the quilting.

For the background for the arrangement, I used the Spellbinders Elegant Twist Oval die set.  It was attached with dimensional tape.

First of all I want to say that this card is much prettier in real life.  It looks dark in the photo.  
For the background foliage, I used Susan's new Hemlock die set.  Six branches were die cut using Susan's Specialty Cardstock.  Each needle on the branch was cut in half using the small scissors that are in her Flower Tool Kit.  
 
Using the same die set, the little pine cones were created and the little chickadee die cut, colored and attached with dimensional tape.

Five flowers were die cut using the new Glory Of Snow die set.  They were colored using OLO markers, shaped and placed in Susan's Molding Tray to dry.  The stamen was rolled, glued and Yellow Pollen added to the tips.    Dark Purple berries were added to the arrangement.

Susan's new Snow Garden Sentiments Hot Foil Plate was used for the gold foiled sentiment.  It was attached with dimensional tape.

It was fun to create this quilted background following Susan's instructions.  I hope you give it a try!
For the snowy effect, I used Tonic's Snow Glitter.   


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails