Sunday, October 3, 2021

Cactus Dahlias & Button Chrysanthemums


Fall is such a colorful time of year.  I always have fun creating flowers with Susan's Dahlia die sets.  This is the Cactus Dahlia along with a Button Chrysanthemums.  I used the vase from her  Daffodil/Narcissus & Antique Vase, Cactus Dahlia & Ornamental Garden Pottery, Button & Daisy Chrysanthemum, Foliage & Ladybug,  and Woodland Garden Leaves die sets.

For the background I used a piece of textured card stock and added three narrow strips of gold mirror card stock along the bottom to ground the vase.  Spellbinders Lattice Petal Foldover die set was used to die cut the corners from gold mirror card stock.   

On one of Susan's Garden Club Live videos (Gladiolus and Inspiration), she showed us how to create the technique I used on the vase.  It is a technique using Ultra Thick Embossing Powder and Distress Ink/Glaze to create a realistic pottery look.  The Cactus Dahlia die set comes with a Ornamental Garden Pottery die for the container, but I used the Antique Vase from the Daffodil/Narcissus die set.

The Cactus Dahlia die set was used to create three dahlias, and the Button & Daisy Chrysanthemum die set was used for the three button chrysanthemums.  These flowers were die cut using Susan's Specialty Cardstock then using the Waffle Flower Media Mat and brushes, Distress Inks were used to add Fall colors to the petals.  Light colored ink was first brushed on then darker ink brushed on the base of each petal.  The flowers were shaped using Susan's Flower Tool Kit and assembled using Bearly Art Glue.  

The Foliage & Ladybug die set was used for the small leaf branches and berry branches.  For the berries, I used small white sticky back pearls that were colored with Copic markers.  

The Woodland Garden Leaves die set was used to die cut the oak and maple leaves.  They were sponged using Distress Inks, shaped using the Flower Tool Kit then glazed for the shiny appearance.  

I always feel so happy to take cardstock, use Susan's die sets and be able to create flowers that are so realistic.  Until you feel these flowers, you would think that are real.   This is a card I think I will frame.

Below I have linked to products used.  I want to draw your attention to the Garden Club I Want it All Bundle which is a great savings to you.

I want to thank all of you who link to the products below to make your purchases.  It is greatly appreciated.  


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails