Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Garden Lantern with Poinsettias


Good Morning.  I am happy you came to my blog. I would love it if you would leave a comment below to let me you came to read about how I created this card.   

I am still working on my Christmas cards.  I love Susan's new Garden Lantern and Poinsettia die sets so created another card using these  sets.

This is a 6-inch square card.  On the front I added a piece of foiled, gold striped card stock from my stash.

Using the Garden Lantern die set, the lantern was die cut using a gold metallic card stock. The lantern was die cut a second time, using gold mirror cardstock.  Using scissors, the trim on the lantern was cut out and glued to the gold metallic lantern.  The top ornament and latch for the lantern were also die cut using the gold mirror card stock.   A piece of marbled gold card stock was used for the background at the back of the lantern.  Using the candle die from the Garden Lantern die set, it was die cut using a textured white card stock.  It was cut in half length wise then edges on the cut side were rounded to match the other side.  White Nuvo Crystal Drops was used to create melted wax along the top edge of the candle.  The flames were die cut using yellow and orange metallic card stock.  The two candles were shaped to appear round and attached inside the Lantern.

Using the Poinsettia die set, three poinsettias were die cut using Susan's Specialty Cardstock from Spellbinders.  The poinsettias were shaped using Susan's Flower Tool Kit.  Watered down light pink watercolor was brushed down the center down the petals on one of the poinsettias.  For the center of each poinsettia, I used green Nuvo drops and added a yellow Prill to the top of the bract on the pink poinsettia.  The glue used for assembly is the Bearly Art Glue.

The Pinecone & Evergreen Bough die set was used to die cut the evergreen boughs.  Pink Styrofoam balls were used for the berries.  A black fine tip pen was used to push down on each berry.  

Susan's Holiday Quotes stamp set was used for the greeting.  It was die cut using a scallop oval die.  It was attached using double sided dimensional dots.  

I am often asked about different products I use, so I have tried to add links below on products I used to create this card plus a lot of other products I regularly use.  

I hope you like visiting my blog.  Happy crafting!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails