Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Light Pink Peony and Spirea




The peony is one of my favorite  flowers!  It is so rewarding to me to be able to use cardstock and create such a realistic peony for my cards.  Susan's Garden Club Peony die set makes creating this beautiful flower so easy.

For this card, I used the Amazing Paper Grace, January Die of the Month die for the die cut background.  It is backed with a piece of pale pink card stock to match the pretty flower.

Susan's Garden Spirea die set was used to create the white Spirea behind the peony. All the die cuts were cut using Susan's white Specialty Cardstock from Spellbinders. To color the peony, I used Distress Spun Sugar and Scattered Straw inks.  The inks were brushed on using one of the Picket Fence Brushes.  The die cut pieces were placed on the Waffle Flower Mini Water Media Mat, which holds the die cut pieces still while brushing on the inks.  To shape the petals, Susan's Garden Flower Tool Kit was used.  This tool kit contains everything you need for creating your paper flower garden.  Bearly Art Craft Glue was used to assemble the petals.

One of Susan's stamps, from her Spring Quotes stamp set was stamped on a piece of white card stock, using VersaFine Black Ink.  The quote was clear embossed.  The corners of this piece were rounded with a corner rounder, then attached using adhesive foam squares.

 

3 comments:

Lindah said...

Your work is beyond outstanding. I've followed you for years and you never cease to amaze me.
Your flowers are so very beautiful and inspiring. I love peony flowers too and this one is gorgeous. Thank you for all your years of sharing your incredible talent with us.

SuzzieQ said...

Gorgeous peony and card. Your sweet light pink peony reminds me of my Queen Elizabeth Peonies that bloom in my peony garden around Mother's Day. Thank you Selma for sharing your creations. They are always an inspiration. Hugs

Evas Pyssel said...

Ohhh what a wonderful peony. Never seen it before on a card. So stunning. Lucky person who gets that card.
Hugs from Eva in Sweden.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails