Sunday, November 29, 2020

Sweet Poppy Christmas Snowflake Flourish Stencil


Hello Friends,

I have been playing with the Sweet Poppy Snowflake Flourish Stencil.  I have seen many cards created with this stencil and have created a lot of cards with the same techniques I have seen, but today I wanted to come up with something totally different.  

When working with this metal stencil, I used the Totally Tiffany Magnetic  Design Board to hold the stencil in place.  I used purple removable tape to secure the stencil  down on a pearlized white card stock  and used Distress inks to brush on colors.  Different blue shades of ink were used for the bauble and ribbon, and green for the evergreen branches.  I used Picket Fence Life Changing Blender Brushed to apply the ink.  

Instead of stamping a design or sentiment in the bauble, I decided to pull out dies from  my stash, to  add a little dimension.  I have not used these dies in a long time and no longer remember the name of them. I have linked similar dies below. There are two layers of pine trees.  The trees were die cut using white card stock and lightly sponged with green ink.  The back row of trees was glued down.  The row of trees in the front, was attached with thin strips of dimensional tape.  The moose was die cut using white card stock and sponged with tan, brown and black ink. It was attached using dimensional tape.   I like to use the Waffle Flower Media Mat to place my die cuts on, to brush on ink. 

 A small poinsettia was created and attached at the top.   For the center of the poinsettia, I used Nuvo green and yellow Crystal Drops.  On a craft sheet I created small green dots.  When they were dry, I added a tiny drop of the yellow Crystal Drops.  

A Spellbinders die set was used for the Sentiment (linked below).  It was die cut using white card stock and attached with glue.

To give sparkle to the design, glue was added to the trees and sprinkled with glitter. I used the Nuvo Glitter Mister to mist on glitter.   Also glue was added to the sentiment, the evergreen branches and on the poinsettia and glitter added.  At the base of the trees, and under the moose, I used Nuvo Fresh Snowfall Glitter Accents.  This glitter is thick and added dimension.
  
This card is flat enough to be mailed in a regular envelope.

Links provided below for products used.  



5 comments:

Debbie said...

lovely card - love the dies you used too

Marja Sch said...

Such a wonderful card. Greetings Marja

Catherine said...

Very beautiful card ! I love it !

Catherine D said...

A very beautiful card. I love it.

Evas Pyssel said...

Ohh dear what a wonderful card. So beautiful details. I've never seen that bauble. So lovely.
Love from Sweden and Eva

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails