Welcome to my Creative Corner. I love to spend my spare time designing cards and especially enjoy creating beautiful flowers using Susan's Garden Club die sets. I love sharing my work and tutorials with you and really appreciate you taking time to visit my blog. Hope I can inspire you to create something beautiful.
The Elizabeth Craft Designs design team has a fun challenge this month. We are challenged to create a gift giving project. I love to decorate boxes and give them away with either a small gift or maybe a set of greeting cards inside. Today I have a small wood cigar box that I decorated. You can see all the projects the team designed at this LINK.
Before I explain how I decorated this box, I want to tell you how to enter for a chance to win a prize from Elizabeth Craft Designs.
For today's challenge Elizabeth Craft Designs is giving away a $20 Gift Card to use on the Elizabeth Craft Designs website to 3 winners.
Elizabeth Craft Designs will select 3 lucky winners in a random drawing
The winners will be announced on Friday, August 18 on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog.
Here are instructions on how I decorated this box:
1. Use ModaScrap Polinesia lavender polka dot design paper to cover the sides of the box. I used scrapes of white card stock to cut templates to exactly fit each side before cutting the design paper. Use 6mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive strips to attach to the sides of the box. Cover all four sides.
2. Use a piece of Dusky Lavender card stock to cover the top of the lid of the box.
3. Use the CountryScapes Nantucket Arbor and Picket Fence die set to die cut enough fence pieces to fit around the box. Glue pieces to sides of box as shown.
4. Use the Leaf Pocket die set to die cut one white leafy pocket. Use 3mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive strips around outside edges of die cut and attach to lower portion of lid. Attach this pocket with the half circle on the end toward the top of the box. (It will be covered up with the die cut ovals.
5. Use the Dotted Scallop Ovals and Fitted Ovals to die cut the lavender frame for the butterfly. Use double sided mounting tape behind both ovals for dimension. Attach the ovals centered at the top of the Leaf Pocket die cut.
6. Use the Dancing Butterfly die set and die cut the butterfly using Soft Finish White Cardstock. Attach it to the center of the die cut Oval Frame. Add lavender rhinestones to the body and below the butterfly.
7. Use Susan's Garden Notes Dahlia die set and create one lavender dahlia. Attach it to the lower left edge of the lid.
8. Add round lavender rhinestones across the top edge of the lid.
9. Measure the inside of the box, cut templates, then cut lavender pieces to line the inside of the box.
Covering any box and decorating with pretty die cuts always makes a treasured gift.