- Start with card size of 6 x 8 inches. Score on left side at 3 3/4 inches. Tape Oval Pull Card die on score line, with die on the 3 3/4 inch side. Run through die cutting machine.
- Cut designer paper of choice for the inside (right side of card), slightly smaller (approximately 4" x 5 3/4", and attach with adhesive/glue.
- Cut designer paper of choice for the front of closed card measuring approximately 3 1/2" x 5 3/4" and attach to front panel of card.
- This card has an acetate window in the oval "swing" part of the card. It also has an acetate pull arm to use for movable objects. I suggest you watch Karen's YouTube video for complete instruction to see how easy this step is completed.
- The basic Oval Pull Card is now complete to start decorating.
- Die cut 5 large Joset Designs Strawberries and backing. Glue yellow backing to back of each strawberry. Die cut and add green stem to each strawberry. Die cut 4 sets of Strawberry leaves and color. I used white Soft Finish Cardstock and sponged on Memento Bamboo Leaves green ink.
- Die cut 3 small strawberries and assemble.
- Use Joset Designs Cupcakes die set to die cut 4 white flowers.
- Using Karen Burniston's Barrel Basket with Pop Up die set, die cut the basket. I did not use the handle.
- Use Karen's Garden Bench die set to die cut two grass pieces. I cut between each of the blades of grass with the Elizabeth Craft Designs Fine Pointed Scissors.
- Use Karen's Accordion Oval Card die set and die cut 2 of the smallest stitched oval.
- Use stamps in Karen's Cheeky Monkey Clear Stamp set for the two sentiments
- Assemble the card as shown. There are two large strawberries that show in the acetate window. You need to glue two strawberries, back to back so it looks good when the card is closed - One of these strawberries is on the front of the card and one is on the acetate swing arm, on the inside.
Tuesday, April 5, 2016
Good Morning. Today is my turn to post on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog with my design team post. I have created a card to make your mouth water, wanting strawberries. I used the Joset Design Strawberries dies. The card was created using one of Karen Burniston's Pull Card dies.
To create this Oval Pull Card, you can watch Karen Burniston's YouTube video at this LINK. I followed all the steps for assembly exactly the way they are explained on the video.
This is how the card looks when closed. The Oval Pull Card die has a little tab, which you can see at the top of the card, to keep it closed so it does not reveal the message inside.
Would you "Hang Out With Me" if I sent you this card? Perhaps we could go eat some strawberry shortcake!