Thursday, February 26, 2015

Garden Notes Sunflower


 Are you ready to get out and garden?  I have a paper pad called Green Thumb by Paper House that I thought worked perfectly with Susan's Garden Notes Sunflower and her new sentiment "Planted in Faith".  

I die cut the pieces in the Sunflower set using a light yellow card stock for the flower petals and lightly sponged Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink at the base of the petals and highlighted the upper portion with Mustard Seed Distress Ink.  For some reason I was not able to get a great picture because I think it looks spotty in the photo but isn't in real life.  For the seeds in the center of the flower, I used two shades of brown and a black card stock.  Once shaped, the colors were mixed in placing them in the center.  Using a variety of colors gives more dimension.   I used two of the stem sets to create a growing sunflower.  To ground the sunflower I used two grass die cuts from the CountryScapes - Backyard 1 die set.  Each blade of grass was cut down the middle to make thin blades.  

The "Planted in Faith" sentiment works so well with this design paper.  I wanted it to stand out; it was stamped on the second sheet of that design paper and mounted to a piece of black card stock, then attached with dimensional tape. 

The Small Dragonfly was die cut twice.  I used Shimmer Sheetz for the detailed parts and black card stock for the lining of the dragon fly.  I love the Shimmer Sheetz for the dragon fly.  In the upper corners, I used one of the little tag pieces from the Tags & More 1 - Lace die set.  It had a hole in the center because it was meant to be used over the hole in the top of the tag, so I added two large black pearls to create pretty little corners to help frame the scene. 

It is fun to work with these smaller flowers.  You can view Susan's flower instruction videos at this LINK on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog. 

Products used from Elizabeth Craft Designs:


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails