Saturday, July 5, 2014

Vintage Floret Tutorial

 Today I am using the Heartfelt Creations Vintage Floret die to create a pretty vintage flower.  Back in March 2013 I posted a tutorial on how to create a red poppy with "wrinkled" petals but I had another request for this technique so have a new tutorial below.  Before doing the tutorial for this pretty Vintage Floret, I want to let you know how I created the background.  I used the Cuttlebug, Anna Griffin, Eyelet Strip embossing folders.  In this package you get one 5x7" folder plus one 1x7" embossing border.  The leaves were created with the Heartfelt Creations Classic Leaf Die.

TUTORIAL


 In this picture you can see the Heartfelt Creations Vintage Floret dies I used to die cut the petals. There are also matching stamp sets for this flower (links below). To create the delicate color on these flowers, I die cut the petals using white card stock.   In the center of each flower I sponged on Scattered Straw  Distress Ink and on the edges of the petals Spun Sugar Distress Ink

In order to blend out the sponged on color and to help shape the flowers, I spritzed the petals with water using a fine mist.  I am working on my Teflon Craft Mat.

Let the petals sit for about a minute to absorb the water. Next use a round tool (I am using a tool from the first Susan Tierney-Cockburn's Flower Tool Kit) to wrap the petal around, then using your thumb and forefinger, pinch the petal down to create "wrinkles".  Do this to each petal.

 While the flower is still damp, use a stylus to press down in the center to shape (cup) the flower.  I am working on the stylus and shaping mat from the new Susan's Garden Flower Tool Kit. 
 To assemble the flowers, I glued two of the same size petals together, alternating the petals -- doing this for all the different sizes.  I then glued one size smaller layer inside a one size larger set of petals.  You can layer as many layers as you want, depending on the fullness of the flower you want.  In the top of the picture, I added three layers.  In the lower flower, I just added two layers.  The completed flower is on the right in the picture.  For the center of the flower, I glued in some yellow Flower Soft.

 For the leaves, I used the Heartfelt Creations Classic Leaf Die.  I did not use the stamp sets this time to stamp the leaves since I did not stamp the flowers.  I have the link below for both the stamp sets and the dies for the Vintage Flowers and the Leaves.


The flourishing vine behind the large flower was die cut using the Heartfelt Creations Arianna Lace Dies.

I hope this tutorial gives you inspiration for creating yet another different type of flower with your dies.

Here are the links to the Heartfelt Creations products:

Heartfelt Creations Vintage Floret die, HCD727
Heartfelt Creations Classic Leaf die, HCD736
Heartfelt Creations Classic Leaf PreCut Stamp Set HCPC3536
Heartfelt Creations Open Leaf PreCut Stamp Set HCPC3545
Heartfelt Creations Open Vintage Floral PreCut Stamp Set HCPC3500
Heartfelt Creations Mini Vintage Floral PreCut Stamp Set HCPC 3502
Heartfelt Creations Arianna Lace Die HCD747

1177106

17 comments:

vilinke said...

Čudovito ;) hvala za ta prekrasni tutorial;)Pozdrav iz Slovenije

Solange Barreto said...

Belíssimo. Obrigada por compartilhar.

Eva van Buuren said...

Wow Selma, what a FANTASTIC TUTORIAL!!
I am very happy with... Thank you so much for sharing!
The flowers are GORGEOUS, I love them and the card too.
Hugs, Eva.

Martie Rollin said...

Super thanks for posting another photo tutorial on making these beautiful flowers!!! Your directions and tips make creating these blooms just that much easier. Love the soft coloring...a technique I'll definitely use. I am so glad I found your site and that I am now a subscriber.

Anonymous said...

Selma,

This is absolutely beautiful. I realy wish I could buy these die's over here.

Erna

Anonymous said...

Oh Selma, this is gorgeous!!! Pink is one of my most favorite colors – purple is the other. This has such a “clean” look. Great job!!!

Happy crafting!
Debi Lefever

MariLynn said...

Just beautiful.

April said...

Beautiful card and flowers! Thanks for the tutorial.

Christine said...

A beautiful card and your flowers are gorgeous. Thanks for the tutorial, I don't have Vintage Floret but do have the stunning Arrianna Blooms stamps and dies plus the classic leaves set.
Hugs
Christine x

Melanie said...

Selma, this card is stunning. I am trying to recreate it myself and while you made it look easy (and beautiful), wrinkling up those petals is more difficult than it looks. Mine look at best 'not bad'! I was fortunate enough to have the embossing folder so thought I would give it a go. If it looks halfway decent I will blog it (and credit you of course). Thanks so much for all the inspiration.
Melanie
x

Melanie said...

Selma, this card is stunning. I am trying to recreate it myself and while you made it look easy (and beautiful), wrinkling up those petals is more difficult than it looks. Mine look at best 'not bad'! I was fortunate enough to have the embossing folder so thought I would give it a go. If it looks halfway decent I will blog it (and credit you of course). Thanks so much for all the inspiration.
Melanie
x

StampingbugKerry said...

Such beautiful flowers!!!

Anonymous said...

These are absolutely beautiful What type of paper do you use for your flowers.

Thanks
Christie Anderson
kikikay@hotmail.com

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

Gorgeous flowers, so easy to do with your instructions. Thank you.

Juliette said...

Selma, these flowers are absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so very much for sharing your tutorial, and in a way that is super-easy to follow. These are going to be made by the hundreds, in our card classes!

Unknown said...

They are beautiful. Could you please tell me what weight of card you use its is 160gsm ok to use xxx

Anonymous said...

Susan, 160gsm will be perfect.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails