Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Joyful Christmas

Today I have created another pop up card using the Sizzix Scallop Circle 3_D Pop-Up Die.  This die actually has two pop up tabs but today I am using only one of them.  It is nice you are able to have dies that are versatile. Before I explain how I created the inside of this card, I best show you the front first.   


This is a 6" x 5.5" card.  I used one of the small embossing folders from the Sizzix "Ornament with Branch"  (657261) embossing folder set, up in the left corner.  The beautiful tree is die cut using the Memory Box "Flowering Christmas Tree" (98195).  In the center of the flowers, on the tree, I inserted a light lavender rhinestone.  There are also rhinestones in the embossed ornament.  The sentiment is from the JustRite "Christmas Trimmings" stamp set and it was gold embossed.  To complete the front, a silk bow was added.

For the inside of the card I cut a piece of lighter purple card stock 1/8" smaller.  The top portion of this piece was embossed with the Sizzix "Ornate Swirls (657138) embossing folder.  My card is wider than the embossing folder so I had to place the top of the card in the folder twice to get complete coverage.  You can't tell where where the edge of the embossing is done.  The Three Wisemen and the top sentiment are from the Tim  Holtz "Joyful Song" (CMS119) stamp set.  Aren't they gorgeous!  The sentiment was silver embossed and die cut using the Spellbinders "Labels Twenty-One" dies.  This is the largest die in the set.  In order to get the shiny silver border, I laid the Labels Twenty-One die down on a piece of shiny silver card stock and traced around the outside of the label with a pencil, then cut it out with scissors.  This is an easy way to cut a perfect, slightly larger, border.  The Wisemen were stamped using VersaMark Ink on  purple card stock and clear embossed.  I love the way that turned out.  I cut around the outside edges of this  image, leaving the bottom straight so it would fit well on top of the pop-up piece. 



Nest the Sizzix Scallop Circle 3-D Popup was die cut.  I folded all seams on this popup except the long narrow one.  I wanted that one to stay flat.  Using my Glue Glider "Perma Tac", I added adhesive all around the back of the popup and centered it in the center of the card, on the seam, and closed the card, pressing down to attach it.  The Wisemen image was attached to the wide popup tag with Perma Tac adhesive also.  In order to decorate the bottom portion of the inside of the card, I stamp another sentiment from The JustRite "Nature's Nested Sentiments" using VersaMark ink and silver embossed it.  The sentiment reads "May You be Blessed this Holiday Season".  It was die cut using the Marianne Design (LR0117) die.  It is easiest if you emboss the sentiment first, then you can tape the die over it, making sure the sentiment is centered, then run it through the die cutting machine.  Along the bottom edge I added one of the Cheery Lynn "Lace Light Deco" die cut borders.  I had those rhinestone snowflakes in my "stash" and added them to the top of the card to finish it off.  

This is a beautiful Tim Holtz stamp set.  I know the 12 Days of Christmas sale at Joan's Gardens is over but if you order this stamp set and tell her I sent you, you can still get this set at the sale price of $16.50.  Here is the link to the stamp set so you can see all the stamps in this set.  It is the second set pictured.

Here is a side view of this pop-up card.  

How are you coming on all your Christmas cards?  Are you about finished with them.  I still have a few more to complete but every day I get closer to having them all completed.  As you know, all the products I use can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.

Don't forget to go over and check out the weekly challenge at Joan's Gardens.  You can submit any new Christmas card you create.  The winner this week will receive a Marianne Design die PLUS be entered in the $100 gift certificate drawing that will be soon.  Wouldn't you love to have your name in that drawing for a change to win that $100 Gift Certificate to Joan's Gardens!!!! 

374918



9 comments:

Janett said...

Wow beautiful card

Nan G said...

Wow what a beautiful card!

Caroline D. said...

Both cards are stunning!! LOve the color!

Glenda said...

Quite a stunning card! You know I just love it when you do purple! I love how you combine products on a card! Just beautiful!

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is down right amazing Selma! Love all the detail!

Joan Fricker said...

Gorgeous card Selma. One of my very favorite. I love it!

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Totally breath taking in amythest! Wowzer!

ednamburgess said...

Beautiful!!! Love your choice of colors. Edna

April said...

Beautiful card! I love the wise men stamp. You did a great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails