Sunday, August 8, 2010
This is the JustRite Inspiration Photo
It is time for another JustRite Friday Challenge. You may use the photo above for inspiration of a color theme or combo, general overall feeling or even as layout inspiration. When I first saw this picture I immediately thought about using the colors in the burgundy pillow with the yellow flower. These are not colors I normally use but this was a challenge and thought would be fun.
I found a piece of Basic Grey design paper that I thought would make a great background. The red is a little deeper tone but everything else matches well. There is a big yellow mum in the design so chose the mum from the JustRite "Beautiful Blossoms" stamp set. The border I chose from this set has flourishes on it to go with the dp. The image was stamped three times and colored with Copic markers. I found a great video called "Karen's Spellbinders die and JustRite Stamps alignment tips" on the JustRite Stampers blog on how to line up your Spellbinder dies to get a perfect cut and I had to try it on this card. If you haven't checked out these videos you should because there is so much great info.
One of the images I stamped was cut out with the technique shown on the JustRite video. The second image I cut around the entire flower design, and on the third one I just cut out the largest flower. I wanted to create layers with this flower to make it my focal point. A Nestabilities Label Ten die was used for the yellow background. I sponged around the cut out design to help blend it into the yellow cs. Some Martha Stewart punched ferns were glued down behind the flowers. I didn't have pearls to match my dp so I used a Copic Marker to color white pearls.
I have a lot of dimension with the floral piece so decided to take a strip of the design paper and pleat it. There is a ruffle around that pillow so this is what gave me this inspiration. I used the ScorPal to score lines every fourth inch then did an according fold. A took a piece of yellow card stock and scored long lines on it (sadly they don't show up now) then placed a piece of ScorTape down the middle. I placed the pleated dp on top and used a scoring tool to press down between each pleat so it would stick. A silk bow was added with some additional leaves.
My DH just washed all the windows on the house and I need to go put some things back in place that have been pulled out. We had such a wet and windy Spring and the windows sure got dirty. Nice to have them clean again! Hope you are having a great weekend.