Tuesday, June 6, 2017
The design team was challenged this month to create Anything But A Card with the Elizabeth Craft Designs die sets. My project is a recycled wood cigar box. I had a lot of fun decorating the box using Joset Designs Dreamcatcher, Feather, and Arrow die sets. You can see all the projects created by the design team at this LINK.
For today's challenge Elizabeth Craft Designs is giving away .... two sizes of the Clear Double Sided Adhesive which will include: a pack of the 5” x 12” sheets and a 10 mm roll of tape, in addition they will also give away a pack of the new ModaScrap 12” x 12” Viaggi Vintage Patterned Paper Pack to 3 winners.
To enter simply leave a comment on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Challenge post and tell us "Besides the classic card, what are some project ideas you like to play around with?”
Three lucky winners will be selected in a random drawing
The winners will be announced on Friday, June 9 on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog
Instructions for my box:
1. Attached to the top of the cigar box lid is a piece of turquoise card stock. Leave enough room at the bottom to add one of the Bead String 1 borders. Black Line Peel Off Stickers were attached around the edge, for a finished appearance. Two black Peel Off Sticker Corners were added on the top corners.
2. Use the Dreamcatcher, Feathers, and Arrow die sets to die cut all the pieces needed to decorate the box. I die cut a few extra pieces. I like to die cut the pieces using White Soft Finish Cardstock and sponge on the color. When you sponge on the color, it gives you a softer look, but you can also use markers to color the pieces or even use colored cardstock.
3. Once the pieces are colored, assemble the Dreamcatcher. Add Blue and Black Prills to resemble small beads, as shown.
4. Sponge color onto large and small feathers. I used two shades of blue ink. Use a small sponge dauber and apply black ink around the edges and center of the feathers. Use a black marker to add thin black feathery lines coming away from spine of feathers. Use a black marker to add dots of black ink on the end of each feather, as shown in photo.
5. Attach small feathers on bottom of Dreamcatcher strings.
6. In the photo of die cut pieces, it shows the small circles that are to be placed over the end of the small feathers, die cut in white. I decided to die cut these pieces again using gold metallic Shimmer Sheetz. Prills were added to these pieces.
7. Chose the Arrow you wish to use and glue two of them together, for strength. Color with markers.
8. Use the Dream Sentiments Clear Stamp Set for the Sentiment. Die cut with one of the small Stitched Rectangles that is long enough for the stamped verse, having the verse at the bottom of the rectangle. Use the paper trimmer to cut the top edge off to make it narrower. Sponge around the edges with blue and black inks.
9. Glue the Sentiment Rectangle to the lower right corner of lid. Attach the arrow above the sentiment using dimensional tape. Use two of the Dreamcatcher strings and attach to the arrow so they come down to the sentiment. You want it to look like the arrow is holding the stamped sentiment sign. Attach two small feathers over the bottom ends of the die cut strings.
10. Attach the Dreamcatcher to the upper left corner using dimensional tape under the feathers.
11. Attach the three large feathers in the upper right corner. Attach them only at the end with dimensional tape or glue dots.
12. Use one Black Line Peel Off Stickers to add three lines on the lower left corner.
On the front of the box, two large Feathers were attached.
14. The perfect design paper for the inside of the box is from the ModaScrap Butterfly Dream pack.
Be sure to go over to the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog, at this LINK, and leave for comment for a chance to win this great prize.
All the products used to decorate this box are linked below.