Sunday, January 3, 2016
This card makes my mouth water just thinking about fresh strawberries, which is my favorite fruit. Today I used the Joset Designs Strawberries dies, from Elizabeth Craft Designs, to create this card.
This is a 6x6 inch card. I started by creating a frame for the strawberries by using Els van de Burgt Studio Stitched Rectangles and Fitted Rectangles dies. It is a little hard to see but I used the largest of the Stitched Rectangles for the back layer, then used the largest Fitted Rectangles die to die cut the red frame. The top white layer, was die cut using the second largest Stitched Rectangles die, then embossed with the Lots of Dots Embossing Folder. The top white frame was attached with dimensional tape. The frame was glued to a white card.
The Strawberries were die cut using Soft Finish Cardstock. The top overlay (red part) was sponged using bright red ink. The berries were patted down with VersaMark Ink then clear embossed. The base for the strawberries was sponged yellow and attached to the back of the red overlay. I used a black thin line marker to place a small line in the center of the yellow seeds. The berries were shaped with the largest stylus in Susan's Flower Tool Kit.
The stems of the Strawberry were die cut using white card stock and sponged green. I used the ECD scissors to cut between each of the leaves up toward the stem. On the large Strawberry, I over-lapped two of the die cut stems, and glued them together, alternating the leaves. This was not done for the small strawberry.
The Strawberry Leaves were die cut using Soft finish Cardstock then sponged with two shades of green ink, and also shaped with Susan's Flower Tools.
The White Strawberry Flowers were die cut using the flower die in the Joset Designs Cupcake set. They were shaped with the Flower Tools and yellow Flower Soft added to the middle. Three ECD Flourishes were added.
The sentiment is one of the new dies in the A Way With Words collection. Four sets of white "Dream" die cuts were glued together then a red Dream glued on top, to give it dimension. The red hearts were die cut from the Cupcake set.
Links to products used from Elizabeth Craft Designs.