Thursday, March 6, 2014

Susan's Garden Quince with Marianne Design Dies


 I have been working with the Susan's Garden Quince dies to create both Quince and Cherry Blossoms. This is a great die to have in your flower collection for creating small flowers.  You can see my tutorial for creating these flowers at this LINK. The card I created for you today has a branch of Quince and two different Marianne Design dies.  I thought I would show you how to create the border along the bottom of the card, using three of the Marianne Design Anja's Delicate Corner dies. 

 The Marianne Anja's Delicate Corner is one of  my favorite corner dies.  It always gives the feel of "elegance" to your work.   There are so many different things you can create with it.  To create the border along the bottom of my card today, I started with a 6 inch square and die cut two corners.  I have two Anja's Delicate Corners so could tape them down and cut both at one time.  If you only have one corner, you can tape it down and run it through your machine to die cut then use the embossing pad and run it through one more time, to bring out the embossed design.  For the second corner, you cannot run it all the way through again because it will flatten the first one.  You need to only run it through half way, then back it out.  Do that to both die cut and to embossed the second corner.

To create that third corner, I die cut and embossed just one corner of card stock then cut across the bottom of the embossed design, as shown in the picture above. 

 You could use that second die cut corner without a backing as shown here and center the corner between the two other corners.

 I wanted the aqua color behind the third corner I die cut so I cut a piece of card stock to fit behind the openings and attached it to the back.

A piece of polka dot design paper was added to the top of the card.  I used the Marianne Design Frame and Swirls frame for the Penny Black Sentiment.  The Quince were added across the middle of the card.

The Susan's Garden Quince dies can also be used to create Cherry Blossoms.  In this package of dies there is a die cut petal that has two little petals attached; this is the extra piece you add in the center of the completed Quince flower to create a Cherry Blossom.  I am working on a large project that requires a lot of Cherry Blossoms.  Here are the Cherry Blossoms I am working on.

You can purchase the following products from Ellen Hutson, LLC:


1117716

6 comments:

Glenda said...

Stunning card and as always your flowers are amazing. You are a good fit for Susan's dies! Well done!

Eva van Buuren said...

Oh Selma, I love this card!
Thank you for the Tutorial.
I also will make such a card, I have both Marianne dies.
But I think, I will buy the second corner die.
The Quince Blossom is gorgeous!!
Hugs, Eva.

Anonymous said...

What lovely work on your card your ideas are wonderful you can see how much you love doing cards by you effort you put into you work thank you. Wendy

Janie Printz said...

I agree with Glenda, you are the PERFECT fit for Susan's flowers. You haven't made a tutorial that hasn't been amazing & made me want every die. Beautiful creations Selma. I really love how you've made the Flowering Quince.
Janie

E said...

This is lovely ! Found a tutorial from '12 for a rose, wondering what "stamping pad" you use/used? Thx, E
e.evans7890@gmail.com

Shirley said...

How really creative with Anja's Delicate Corners! I really like the way it looks folded over. The flowers are wonderful, as always and the color is beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails