Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Joan's Gardens Weekly Challenge


It is time for a new challenge at Joan's Gardens.   This week the color scheme is blue and green.  Create a card with some type of flowers using an oval background for the main image.  

For my card I used design paper from the Basic Grey "Oxford" paper pad.  I love the new Marianne Design baskets so decided to fill one with small flowers to match the little flowers in the design paper.  The basket I used is the (CR1206).  My tiny blue flowers match those in the design paper. The flowers were created with one punch for the flowers - the Punch Bunch "Super Giant Mega Lilacs/Daphne" punch.  I love this punch because you an create several different sizes and shapes of flowers, plus it includes different leaves.   Those little pieces on the punch with the points on one side, were used to create the little blue flowers.  They were so easy to make.  I used the self-closing tweezers from the Flower Tool Kit and just rolled them up and glued one side to form the flower.  I thought they looked kind of plain, so created a stamen for them by punching the Mega "Sparkle".  I used scissors to cut down twice just a little ways on each "leg" which gave me three thin stamens out of one "leg". I cut it off below the cuts and glued it in the center of the flower.  I think it looks pretty realistic.

Super Giant Mega Lilacs/Daphne and Mega Sparkle Punches

Hopefully you an see the little blue flowers in this closeup.  If you look closely, you can see the yellow stamens. 

The oval doily I used is the Cheery Lynn "Polynesian Sails Oval" (DL153).  I cut a Spellbinders oval to back it so the basket of flowers would show up better.  This oval has  an open center.  The Greenery is the Poppy Stamps "Gentle Leaf" (807).  The leafy flourish is the Marianne "Decorative Elegance" (LR0157).  To finish the card I added four Spellbinders corners.  

I hope you will join us this week in our challenge.  .

441866

11 comments:

Sheila - Ginger said...

Another beauty Selma and the cute little flower buds are great. I just love Marianne's basket dies.
Well done my friend.

Love Sheila xx

Glenda said...

Whew, I just cannot keep up with you. You are constantly making more pretties; each one more gorgeous than the last! I just love that basket die!

Glenda said...

Whew, I just cannot keep up with you. You are constantly making more pretties; each one more gorgeous than the last! I just love that basket die!

Diane said...

Beautiful card Selma...loved seeing the basket die in use..and the flowers are perfect...great idea for the stamens, too!!

craftieodmae said...

WOW, jsut when I think you have topped yourself, you come up with another beauty!!!

Karen W said...

Lovely card, you are so good with those punches!!!

Rita said...

How beautiful is this Selma. There is no end to your talent. Hugs Rita xxx

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card. I love this basket die - very pretty.

Sharri said...

Wow! Gorgeous Selma! I love the basket of flowers - very creative! You are so talented and I love everything you create!

Angelica Turner said...

Selma, your card is amazing. Beautiful details.

Benzi said...

Absolutely beautiful, Selma! What a gorgeous basket of blooms and the colors are great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails