Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Joan's Gardens Weekly Challenge


It is time for a new challenge at Joan's Gardens.  This week we want you to create a Get Well Card that includes a basket of flowers.  Also please use green and white for your main colors.

For my card I used a piece of design paper from the Kaiser Craft "Chapter One" paper pad.  The lattice is the Cheery Lynn "French Lattice Frame" (FRM132).  I matched a green piece of card stock with one of the greens in the design paper to back the frame.    It was embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder.  The basket I used is one of the new Marianne Design Baskets (CR1208).  I filled it with daisies using the Cheery Lynn "Darling Daisies" (A196) die.  There are three sizes of daisies and I used mostly the smallest with just a few of the middle size.  Behind the basket of daisies I inserted two of the Marianne leaves (LR0192) and in the front I added two Marianne "Ivy" (LR0126).  Yellow Stickles was added to the center of all the daisies.  The tag used is the Spellbinders "Fancy Tags Two".  The get well sentiment on the tag is from JustRite.   

I hope you will join us this week in our challenge.  Be sure to go over to Joan's Blog to read all the details about this challenge and see what the prize will be this week.
  Below are pictures of the dies used for the basket of flowers.  

 Cheery Lynn Darling Daisies (A196)

Marianne Design Basket (CR1208)

425869

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful Selma, just gorgeous, love all your daisy's, they are so cute!!
Thanks for sharing your talents
hugs
Donna

Indira Tanwar said...

Very pretty card! I love the lattice very much.

Cheers,
Indira
http://arty-sorts.blogspot.com/

F.T said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Glenda said...

Girl, you have knocked my socks off this morning with this beauty! I love these baskets; they remind me of a quilt my Grandmother had. Beautiful job!

Sheila - Ginger said...

Having trouble posting a message to you this morning Selma....maybe there's gremlins in the UK! Lol!
Such a very, very pretty Card, love the greens and the daisies are so cute, oh and I have that basket die. Many thanks again for sharing your stunning work and for all the inspiration you give us. I so look forward to seeing what you come up with every day.

Love Sheila xx

Betty Benton said...

that sweet basket of daisies would make anyone feel better!

A Consuming Passion said...

Stunning card Selma.....Just beautiful!

Karen W said...

Beautiful card Selma as always!!

Janie Printz said...

Selma your cards just keep inspiring me !!! Just when I think they can't possibly get any better you top the last one ... I so love your work & anxiously await your next creartion. LOVE this sweet basket of flowers & the wonderful colors you've used.
Hugs, Janie

Colleen said...

Selma,
Beautiful as always, those daisy's are really the cutest.

Bette S said...

Another absolutely beautiful card!! Love that lattice die. Also, I don't think I have ever told you this before, but I love your banner. Gorgeous!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails