Saturday, October 22, 2011

JOY Popup Card


SECOND POST TODAY:  After I posted the "Pumpkin" card this morning,  I received a package from Joan's Gardens that has the new Memory Box dies  and could hardly wait to design with them.  Have you seen them on Joan's blog?   I had so much fun creating this card and just couldn't wait until tomorrow to post it.  

The Memory Box dies  used are:  Pop Up JOY (98192);  Arboscello Tree (98155); Country House (98165); Snowfall (98182) and Frosty Border (98171).   

I love the inside of this card so much I am going to start with that.  This is a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card.  I cut one blue card this size, for the main card, then cut another white card to fit inside just a little smaller.  Using the white piece, I die cut the "Joy" pop up.  I taped the die close to the middle of the card and taped it down - see photo below.  It does not cut along the bottom edge.  The Joy was cut out again using  silver and white design paper and these letters were attached over the letters on the white card stock. (You just have to cut the letters, on the design paper, across the bottom to separate them.  Very easy to do!  This die cut piece was attached to the inside of the card. 





A pearlized textured blue card stock was cut to fit onto the top panel of the inside of the card.  Using the "Snowfall" die, twice, across the top of the card, I created the snow.  When the blue panel is attached to the white card stock put inside the card, the die cut holes look like snow. I love this look.  Next I die cut the "Country House" and the Arboscello Tree using white card stock.  To put some color in the windows and door, I cut a small piece of pale yellow card stock and glued it to the back of the house.  Glitter was added to the windows and over the roof -  also to some of the leaves on the tree.  I wanted to add a snowy ground below the tree and house, so die cut the Cheery Lynn "Anastasia Border" (B136) and attached it along the fold in the middle of the card.  Some glitter was also added to it.  All the pieces were attached to the blue background behind the popup JOY.  To complete the bottom panel I added the gorgeous "Frosty Border" below the JOY.  

Below is a photo of the front of the card.


For the sentiment on the front of the card I used the JustRite "Christmas Nested Frames" stamp set.  The sentiment reads "Hearts come home for the Holidays".  This sentiment goes with the theme on  the inside of the card so well.  The sentiment used has two frames of holly, so I used the new Cheery Lynn "Holly Flourish" (B148) for an embellishment, as well as some lace across the bottom.  Joan's Gardens now sells "Liquid Pearls" and that is what I used  to add pearls across the top of the lace. These liquid pearls are so easy to use.
I know many of you have already ordered your Memory Box dies from Joan's Gardens, but if you haven't, I know you will have fun designing with them.

338114



19 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just stunning!

Bette H. said...

Selma!

This is beautiful - I will definitely attempt this one but it may have to wait until 2012.
Your work is awesome. I have never seen a card you designed that I did not love.
Thanks for sharing.

Darlene said...

Absolutely stunning Selma ... I'm so glad you didn't wait to create and share it with us!
Guess that's one more thing for me to add to my list!!

Patti J said...

Beautiful, Selma! Got my frosty border yesterday, and can't wait to create with it!!! Thanks for sharing!

Betty Benton said...

Selma, this is one jaw-dropping wonderful card! I'm not even going to say anything else because I don't think I can come up with words to express how truly lovely it is!!

Chrissy said...

Stunning Selma, just beautiful...does the tree cut out easy?? I have such trouble with a swirl die it takes forever to prize it out of the die...sometimes...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sheila - Ginger said...

Absolutley stunning Selma!!!!

Love Sheila xx

Kerrie said...

OMG... both cards are just gorgeous, I love how you have created the JOY pop up!

Mrs. Swandog said...

Selma...you have outdone yourself this time...I love this card...and I just picked up the country house yesterday...now I am even more excited to use it...

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, this is absolutely gorgeous.
I love everything about it. It would have been a great workshop card...should we change..NOT

Wow is all I can say!

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Anonymous said...

This is Gorgeous Selma!!

Darla Haverstock

The Other Patti Sue said...

Very cool card... Love the new dies and the color combo is awesome!

Crystal said...

OMGosh....stunning, beautiful, perfect! I just love your cards, they are all so perfect and beautiful! I can only wish to be as creative as you! Thanks for sharing your creations!

Anonymous said...

WOW - What a fantastic card - I love it. Susan

Paula said...

saw the JOY card on Pinterest. Had to come here and tell you how beautiful it was. Aren't those dies wonderful? I just started collecting them. Happy New Year.

Hanny N said...

My gosh so hard to pick a favourite.. they are all such beautiful cards.. seeing I have to choose one it would be #1 .. thanks for the opportunity to win.. :)

Unknown said...

I would love to make this card. This is so pretty.
Where can I find the dies that will work for the card?
Is there a video on how to do this? I can't quite understand how the pop up is done. Thanks so much

Unknown said...

I would love to make this card. This is so pretty.
Where can I find the dies that will work for the card?
Is there a video on how to do this? I can't quite understand how the pop up is done. Thanks so much

Lynn said...

wow you are one amazing lady i wish i had half of your talent!!! you really are an inspiration :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails