Tuesday, June 28, 2011

New Embossing Folder




I promised to create a card for you using one of the new Marianne embossing folders you can now order from Joan's Gardens.  The order number for this folder is DS0911.  This is a 5"x7" card.  First I embossed a piece of white card stock with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder.  The Marianne design was embossed using white card stock then a piece of of bright pink card stock was cut to go behind the folder so the cut out area would display the pink through the cutouts.  The right side of the pink card stock was left a little wider and was punched using the Martha Stewart "Beaded Arcs" punch.

For the embellishment, I used another new Marianne Design die (LR0168).  This die comes with a doily plus a flower.  The flower on my card was created with this die.  I cut it out three times and sponged yellow ink in the center of each layer.  The "Sparkle" punch was used to create the stamen.  The petals were shaped with the tools from the Flower Tool Kit.  What an easy flower to create and I love it!
The leaves for the flower were die cut using the Cheery Lynn "Tropical Leaves" B119 die.  This set comes with five different leaves.  I didn't want to add another color to this card so die cut the leaves using white card stock.  The beautiful flourishes come from another new Marianne Design die (LR0116).  This is a gorgeous frame die and includes two different flourishes.  Aren't those gorgeous flourishes!  Under the flower I added a pink Nestabilities scalloped circle base to help make the flower show up.  A few pearls were added to complete the card.

Don't you love all these new Marianne Designs and Cheery Lynn Products!   You can order all the products I used on this card from Joan's Gardens.  Joan is getting in new products constantly and may not have some of these items listed on her blog yet, but you can either email or call her and she will get these products out to you.

I went into panic mode this evening when I tried to take some pictures of this card.  I think I wore out my camera.  I could only get this one picture and I know it is not a very good shot, but really wanted to get this card posted.  Guess I  now need to go buy a new camera!


8 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

What a pretty card. I love that embossing folder you've used.

Sheila - Ginger said...

WOW! Another beautiful card made with these fabulous foldes Selma and that flower is just so gorgeous. I'm just so in awe with what you come up with every day and do appreciate that you share your stunning creations with us each day.
Many thanks.

Love Sheila xx

craftieodmae said...

another beauty, sorry you are having camera troubles.........

Joan Fricker said...

Selma this is gorgeous. You certainly did a fabulous job using tbe new dies from Marianne. I love the white and pink combination. The flower is beautiful too. Great job!

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Karen W said...

Selma this is gorgeous!! I just received my two new folders and can't wait to use them. Thanks for the ideas!!

Glenda said...

These embossing folders are absolutely gorgeous and of course your flower is amazing. Quite a lovely combination. Well done!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Pure yumminess! Have fun camera shopping!

Anonymous said...

Repeat from comment below. WOW! Just gorgeous. You didn't let me down.
Jackie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails