Friday, June 24, 2011

More Product Ideas



I really love the great variety off products available from Joan's Gardens, don't you!  Not only does she have a great variety of products, her prices are usually a little less than retail and her shipping is only exactly what it costs to mail it out to you.  This all saves you money, which is great so we can buy more product - right!

Yesterday I posted a card to show you how I used a Sizzix embossing folder and the lace die from Heartfelt Creations.  Today I want to show you another way I have used these same products.



I used my Nestabilities Petite oval "small" dies to cut an oval for the center of this card.  It was backed with a slightly larger Nestie Scallop die cut.


I am using the same Sizzix embossing folder  from the "Thank You Set", to add texture to the oval.  I am getting a lot of use out of this pretty embossed lattice!  I have used this whole embossed design on other cards, but I'm just getting some additional use out of it.




For my background, I used the Cuttlebug "Tiffany" embossing folder (above) to create a frame around the top of this 5.5" square card.  Have you used your embossing folders for things like this?  The embossing folder was place along the top of the card stock, trying to make sure the border all around was even.  It is not perfect, but close.  Below you can see how only the top portion is embossed.




Below, I am using the lower portion of the Heartfelt Creations doily from the Bella Rose Collection that I showed you yesterday.   Doesn't that cut off portion make a pretty border along the bottom!   I know these dies have been on back order but Joan's Gardens will be receiving them as soon as they are available.  I don't think I mentioned this, but the Heartfelt Creations dies are all manufactured by Spellbinders and are very high quality.  I know you will get a lot of use out of this one.





Below are the two Marianne Dies I used for the greenery on my card.  The die on the left is LR0151 and is called Garden Branch.  The one on the right is LR0150 and is called Forest Branch. I know I haven't been using the correct name for these dies but today I have listed them correctly with the product number.    I think these branches are so beautiful.
   


The beautiful butterfly is from a package of three butterflies by Cheery Lynn Designs.  These are the "Exotic Butterfly Small" (DL113).  This size is beautiful as the centerpiece on a card.

The Frame and Sentiment are from JustRite Stamps.  The Frame is from the "Signs of Life" set, and the sentiment is from "Just Because".   I was so happy to see this set because it is hard to find very small sentiments.  This set has 18 sentiments.

All the products I have used can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.

This weekend Joan will be holding two workshops, so that means those projects will be revealed on Monday.  Joan does not charge for her workshops and wait and see what gorgeous projects she has for everyone. If you get a chance to attend one, I know you will have tons of fun!!!  These workshops fill up way in advance, so you need to make reservations for the next one very early.

12 comments:

Chrissy said...

Another exquisite card Selma, just beautiful, and you always manage to cost me a small fortune...lol..
Luv CHRISSYxx

Karen W said...

Another beauty!! Gorgeous colors, layout and everything.

Gail said...

I love the card. You're ideas are always beautiful and creative.

April said...

Beautiful card! I love the layout and all the wonderful elements.

Sheila - Ginger said...

Such another stunning card Selma and those flowers are just so very pretty. Many thanks for so many wonderful ideas.

Love Sheila xx

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Gorgeous card, Selma!

Glenda said...

As always, just gorgeous! So many beautiful elements! Well done!

Kerrie said...

Thanks so much Selma for sharing your talent... just loving the tutorials.

another beautiful card.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!
Jackie

The Other Patti Sue said...

Your tutorials are just the bomb Selma! Beautiful card my friend!

Beverly said...

Stunning!! I love the embossed oval mat.. and that butterfly is fantastic!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

A real beautiful card! I rarely think to use just part of an embossing folder. Love that Spellbinders die you used!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails