Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Mini Product Tutorial


 I always find it exciting to figure out different ways to use my stamping products and thought I would share with you several new ways I did that today.  As you probably know, I love to have a lot of texture and dimension to my cards.   This is a 5.5" square card.  I started by embossing the background with the Marianne embossing folder shown below. I used a slightly smaller piece of white card stock (5.25") and placed the embossing folder on the right side so I would have a blank area on the left side.    The center of the embossed area remains in the embossed design but I wanted to used have a different embossed background, so used my Tim Holtz cutting tool to cut out the center section.




I now have an open area in the center of this pretty embossed area.  I wanted to add a lattice design in this area.  The lattice I wanted to use was created with one of the Sizzix Embossing Folders called "Thank You Set of 4".  I only needed to use the bottom portion of this embossing folder so I placed a piece of card stock over that lower section.  You can see this below.  This piece was trimmed and attached behind the opening in the embossed front.



On the left side of the front I wanted to add a lacy border.  I used the new Heartfelt Creations lacey die that is part of the Bella Rose Wedding Collection.  I love this die.  You can see below how large it is.  You can use the entire piece or cut it apart and use smaller sections.  I cut off the top portion down to where you see the arches and placed that on the left side of my card.  Isn't this a great, versatile lace die?  Can you see all the individual lace designs you an get by cutting this die cut apart! 



To create my flower I used the Mega Begonia Punch.  I used a light aqua card stock and sponged the edges with a darker aqua ink. I usually think I need to do my flowers in natural flower colors, but today thought a light aqua would be very pretty on this white card.



The greenery was created by using several Marianne Creatables "Forest Branch", shown below.  Isn't that a pretty branch to use with all your flowers, or even alone!


 Two Spellbinders "Parisian Accents" were added to the right side corners.  The frame and sentiment are from JustRite. The frame is from the "You Inspire Me" stamp set and the sentiment is from the "Elegant Frames" set.   The frame was white embossed and cut out with scissors, then the sentiment stamped with black ink.  An sheer aqua bow was added next to the flower.

All these products can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.

Hope this mini tutorial has given you some additional ideas for using these products. 

14 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

Beautiful creation Selma. That's a gorgeous embossing folder and a fantastic new die. Thanks for sharing! "Hugs" Carol

Grace said...

Gorgeous creation Selma! I love all the texture and how you added different embossing folders together for a new great look! Love love love that lace die!!! I so want to get that one! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Vail said...

Selma, your designs are always so beautiful and inspiring. Thank you for sharing them.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Wow- This one took my breath away! Stunning!

JoAnn said...

Absolutely gorgeou. Love the all white card with a touch of color. Thanks for sharing.

Karen W said...

This is just awesome and thank you for the different ideas. They just came out with two new cut and emboss from Marianne and I just ordered them, they looks gorgeous!!! I can't wait to get the new die either, Joan said she hoped it would be in by today and and on it's way. So exciting!!

Glenda said...

Well, how lovely is this! How creative you are and all the different products you used. Well done my friend. Storms are racing across our area this morning, rain and more rain!

Anonymous said...

Another amazingly beautiful card! Thanks for sharing and showing me what else I need to purchase. LOL.
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Selma.
This just blows my mind and will in turn blow my Joan's Garden budget!!! Your creations so the envy of all of us. So Beautiful.

Colleen

craftieodmae said...

gorgeous card!!!! I just love embossing folders and dies, how did we live without em LOL

AKiteFlier said...

GORGEOUS Selma - I've been very out of the loop lately and not stampin with all that's going on here. Love your cards - as always. Chat with you soon. HUGS!
P

Anonymous said...

Hello Selma

I have only just found your blog and I am absolutely stunned with your cards, I don't usually
drool over things but your cards are an exception. I look forward to visiting your blog in the coming days,weeks and months for inspiration I love the fact that you use a lot of white it looks so crisp and clean. Keep up the good work.

June of London England

Sharon in Arizona said...

What a beautiful card, Selma - don't ya love it when your creativity produces something really cool!!! Your cards are always a work of art and I so enjoy seeing them. Thank you for sharing. Hugs, Sharon :o)

Nancy said...

Selma, your card is so beautifull! What lovely work you do. . . .

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails