Saturday, June 25, 2011

Heartfelt Creations Beach Scene


It is a beautiful day and I wish I was down by the beach.  Since I can't go there right now, I decided to use the Heartfelt Creations "Harmony of Land and Sea" (695F) and "Seagull Roost" (698E) stamps and create a beach scene.  This is a shadow box card.  I started with two 6" square pieces of white card stock and scored two sides at 1/2" to create the box.  The light house scene was stamped using Memento Black Ink and colored using Copic Markers.  Clear glitter was added to the water and a very fine white flock was added to the clouds to give them a "fluffy" feeling.  

To create the top of the shadow box, I used the Spellbinders Labels Two to create the opening.  A piece of 6x6" design paper from a new paper pad from Joan's Gardens called BoBunny "Barefoot & Bliss" was also scored at 1/2" on two sides and attached to the white card stock to be used for the top.  The largest of the Labels Two dies was used to cut the opening.  The second largest die in this set was used to cut a blue, slightly smaller, opening which was attached to the backside of the top.  

The "Seagull Roost" was stamped, colored with Copic markers and cut out.  I wanted to attach this piece to the left side of the opening and there was one too many rocks on the left side of the stamped image, so I carefully cut it off and placed it on the right side of the opening.  Before attaching the sea gulls, I frayed and gathered a piece of mesh and attached it to the side of the card with glue dots.  The stamped design was also added over it with glue dots.  I used some of the threads I pulled off the large piece of mesh and created some dimension for the two sea shell "buttons" added to the lower right and corner.  Additional buttons were added under the sea gulls and up on the top corners.  

It is always hard to design a masculine card.  I think this one will work great for one of my grandsons.  All three of them have summer birthdays!

All the products printed in "bold"  can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.

Hope you are having a nice weekend.



13 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

You really got those creative juices flowing on this gorgeous card Selma. Looks like a great place to want to be. I so love the ocean and the wonderful smells of the salty air. "Hugs" Carol

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous Selma. I have several lighthouse stamps, and only used them once or twice, but now I have inspiration to dig them out and play.I love the shadow box effect, and would love to try this.
Fantastic work.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Judy Inukai said...

This is absolutely awesome. I love the shadow box effect

craftieodmae said...

absolutely gorgeous, you have a way with these stamps!!!

Betty Benton said...

Glad you made it to the beach, if only via your craft table! Lovely card!

redwasher1 said...

So beautiful! Love the beach scene you created!! Hope your daughter is recovering nicely!!

Sheila - Ginger said...

Wonderful card Selma...I love the image and how beautifully you have worked it withe background paper and embellishments.

Love Sheila xx

Nancy Seed said...

I am a newbie to your site and each time I see one of your creations my jaw drops. I love this style of card. Your embellishments on the front of the card make this card. TFS.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Another stunner Selma! Love the scene... I can almost feel the mist on my face!

Beverly said...

This is stunning. I have a thing for lighthouse stamps.. and I LOVE all of the embellishments on this fine card.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful "manly" card. Yes, it is a good one for men. Men are so hard to make cards for.
Jackie

astilar said...

Great! I like it very much!

A Consuming Passion said...

Fabulous card Selma!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails