Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Good Old Days



I could hardly wait to make this card.   I recently received the new Cheery Lynn Large Window Die  (FRM113)  from Joan's Gardens.  The size is 4.25" x 5.5".


I used a great scene from Heartfelt Creations "The Good Old Days" (683G) to put behind the window.   The scene was colored with Copic markers and the cloudy sky was sponged on.  This window die has 5 rows one way and 4 the other.  I only needed 4 rows going each direction to go on this 5.5" square card, so I cut one row off.  To help make it look like a window scene, I used the Martha Stewart "Floral Vine" punch to create a "topper".  A piece of trim was placed on top.  To give the card some dimension, the Marianne  Design "Garden Branch (LR0151) die was added along the left side.  Flowers were created using the Martha Stewart "Cosmos" punch and the stamens were created using the large "Sun" punch.  The design paper used on the card front is from the Kaiser Craft 6 1/2" Lullaby Collection Paper Pad. 

All the above products can be purchased from Joan's  Gardens.

14 comments:

craftieodmae said...

you never fail to amaze me, this is incredible!!!! Gorgeous

Payne Holler Cards said...

eeks! love that die!
have been poppin by just havent stopped to say Hi ...sorry :(
hugs
Linda

CraftinGranny said...

Love it! Can't wait to see a Christmas scene using that window. Awesome Selma! "Hugs" Carol

Chrissy said...

Christmas popped into my head too, this is just gorgeous Selma, a beautiful scene.Love it.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Anonymous said...

So creative! I just don't have the words to say how wonderful I think this is.
I really love it!

Gail

Lana said...

Selma I just love this card!!When I saw it I thought wow I have to make a Christmas one or a Stampscapes one using this how cool TFS!!
Hugs

Dianna said...

Oh Selma, I just love this card. That die is so neat, and the entire scene you have created is just gorgeous.

Sorry, it's been forever since I posted any comments on your site, but I check it out everyday, and love all of your great ideas.

Nancy Jensen said...

Absolutely gorgeous! You blow me away every time I get an email with your updates to your blog. Such beautiful, amazing projects!

I love everything about your card but I especially like how you did the topper to the window.

Sheila - Ginger said...

Oh this is such a beauty Selma! I love the way you've turrned the die into a window, the edging looks lovely too.

Love Sheila xx

Donna said...

Wow! This is lovely Selma. Great color and I love the window die.

jean w. said...

Oh Selma! This is so gorgeous! I receive your postings, but not where I can give a comment...but today I had to go directly to your blog to tell you WOW!!! love this card and all the details...only thing is now I want that Cosmos punch and the MS you used for the window curtain! You are awesome! Thanks for sharing your great talents with us!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

You created such a neat scene! Perfect punch for the window topper. :)

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is one very cool window scene (0=

Andrea Santtos said...

Hi!!! I loved your card window!!! Is wonderful!!! kisses

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails