Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Find Time to Laugh a Little



Time for another card challenge at Joan's Gardens.  This week the challenge is a monochromatic card.  The colors I chose are ivory and chocolate brown.  You can check out all the challenge info and see the prize for this challenge on Joan's Blog.

Here is what you need to do for Joan's Gardens Weekly Challenge #18:

■A monochromatic card
■Embossed background
■Flower(s)
■Flourish
■Butterflies

The embossed background was created with a beautiful new embossing folder available from Joan's Gardens.  This is the same embossing folder Joan used on her Mother's Day card which is posted on her blog.   It was embossed on a 5 1/4" square ivory card stock.  The die fits a 4.25 x 5" piece of paper so I had an area on the left side without embossing.  Using the ScorBuddy, I embossed five 1/4" lines.  Isn't that a gorgeous embossing folder!  It cuts and embosses at the same time.  To fill in the open area,  a piece of brown card stock was placed behind the openings.  The beautiful flourish is from the new Heartfelt Creations Bella Rose Collection.  A couple of extra leaves were cut off a second cut flourish to add under the flower.  This flower was created with the Begonia punch.  Ivory card stock was used and the edges of each petal were sponged with brown ink.  The ends of the stamens were colored brown with a marker. 

The sentiment is from a new JustRite stamp set called "Smile".  There are four sentiments and four beautiful frames in this stamp set.  They fit the 3 1/4" round wooden handle. The sentiment was cut out with one of the Spellbinder "Parisian Accents" dies.   The butterflies  are new dies you can get from Joan's Gardens.  There are three to a package.  They are called "Exotic Butterfly Mini" doily dies.  They are each different and are perfect for cards.  They were also sponged around the edges with brown ink.

I hope you will join us in the challenge this week.  A prize will be given to one person selected from a Random Drawing and will be eligible for the grand prize drawing at the end of the year for a $100 gift certificate from Joan's Gardens.

All products used on this card can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.  Joan will be away for four days, but you can email or call her to leave an order.  She will be back to work Monday to start shipping out orders.

Thanks for visiting.

11 comments:

craftieodmae said...

wow, that is some jaw dropper! Selma, you just keep amazing me, absolutely beautiful!!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Love everything about this! Those butterflies are super amazing!

Nancy said...

Selma, this is stunning!

Diane said...

Gorgeous card Selma.....that new embossing folder is going to have to find its way home to my house...and I was just at Joan's and made a haul home this week....and the butterfly doily die, too....you are enabling...lol!!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Beautiful, rich looking card.
Computer Problems here and current challenges weren't appearing. So hope I can participate this week.
Love the dantiness this reflects.
Have a great weekend.

Sheila - Ginger said...

Couldn't post on your blog the other day Sema , but Mr Blogger seems to have put things right now.
This is such a stunning card I love the way you have put it all together.

Love Sheila xx

Anonymous said...

Exquisite! I love it, I love it! You are amazing!
Jackie

Clare Curcio said...

Hi, Selma! Your card is absolutely beautiful! I was trying to find the embossing folder you used on the Sweet Pea card, and couldn't find it. Can you give me the name so I can order from Joan, please? How are you? Did you have a good Mother's Day? Wearing the sling on my arm has now changed to wearing it around people only! I'm getting better and better, slowly by slowly! lol Now my hubby has to have both his done! Poor guy's never had anything done to him. I couldn't find a "Contact Me" anywhere on your blog. Did I overlook it? Your email?

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love the subtle colors. It's gorgeous!

redwasher1 said...

WOW!! Love the elegance of this card. Well done!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I knew you would make something spectacular with those new folders and you have not let me down. More items on my list of "I needs." LOL.
Jackie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails