Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Christmas Card with Vellum Flowers



I have had a lot of requests to post more cards using my vellum flowers.  This was not a hard request.  I also notice on my Blog Candy post that most of you said cards with my vellum flowers is one of your favorite things on my blog.

Today I used a piece of the beautiful design paper from Webster's Pages called "Waiting for Santa & Sweet Season" paper pack.  All the papers in this pack are so beautiful.  For the  greeting I use one of the stamps from the JustRite "Christmas Nested Sentiments" set and framed it with one of the frames from the JustRite "Christmas Nested Frames" set.  I used Copic markers to color the border then sponged Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink over it.  It was attached with adhesive to the design paper. 

I punched petals, using Martha Stewart punches, from a burgundy and an off white vellum.  I created them like I have shown in my "Punched Vellum Flower" tutorial.  These were arranged around the verse and punched vellum leaves added.  A small yellow bead was added to the center of the flowers.  A pretty bow was added to complete the card.

I wanted to let you know that you can still purchases the punches and vellum used for these flowers from Joan's Gardens.  Creating these flowers has been very popular.  Do you have a crafty friend you need a Christmas gift for?  The items to create these flowers would be a terrific gift. 
    
Well I hope I have given you another idea using these vellum flowers.  I think they look great even on this Christmas card.  What do you think?


All products used to create this card can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.

12 comments:

redwasher1 said...

Selma, this is another beautiful creation!! Gorgeous flowers.

CraftinGranny said...

I think this is totally awesome Selma and I do so love your vellum flowers and leaves. Would never have thought to use the Webster Pages like this. Thanks so much for sharing! "Hugs" Carol
ps I'm sending you an email in just a few.

Dianna said...

Selma,

Well, you just keep impressing me over and over again. I love this card, and anyone you send this too at Christmas time is going to be so thrilled and impressed just like myself.

Beautiful beautiful.

Dianna

Karen W said...

Beautiful project!! I love the flowers and everything about it!

Glenda said...

I have always said you are one talented lady and today's card is just one more little bit of proof of that! Lovely!

Anonymous said...

Oh Selma, you have done it again, not that I am surprised - fab card and 'fabilicious' flowers. TFS

Mary Mac

Colleen said...

Selma,
Great use of the vellum flowers. They fit perfectly! Love this paper as well.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Another beautiful work of art! Your flowers always amazing!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Those vellum flowers are beautiful! Perfectly dainty with that gorgeous Webster's Pages papers!

Anonymous said...

I hae heard so much about Webster's Pages paper. That is truly beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Winnie and Patty said...

Selma--this is beautiful!!!! I love everything about it! Great job. TFS

Anonymous said...

Homeopathic medication can be a pure form of therapeutic!
[url=http://www.homeopathicdoctors.org/]homeopathic remedies for acne[/url]

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails