Thursday, May 27, 2010

JustRite Christmas card



I made this card to enter into the JustRite  Friday Challenge 019: Christmas in May Challenge but didn't think about the time difference so missed entering in time.  I had so much fun with this card I am posting it anyway.

I used three JustRite stamp sets:  "Something Sweet", "A Merry Little Christmas Set", and "Decorative Frames".  I started by embossing the outside of the blue card stock with the Cuttlebug Dotted Swiss embossing folder.  I only embossed around the edges of the frame.  I have had the cute little acrylic snowflake frame for a long time and wanted to use it to frame the greeting.  This greeting is from the "A Merry Little Christmas Set".  It is actually a round stamp but I did not use the frame. These stamps are so versatile you can use them many ways.   It was cut out with a square Nestability and attached to the back of this frame.  Next I stamped the little frame from the "Decorative Frames Set" using VersaMark and white embossing powder then used the same Nestability to cut out the center because I wanted to attach it to the top to frame the opening.  I used scissors to cut around the outside of the design.  I used ProGlider High Tac adhesive.  The little snowman from the "Something Sweet Set" was stamped with black Memento ink and colored with Copic markers.  He was attached to the frame with a glue dot. Along the bottom of the card I added some pretty trim I found while in Chicago.  It kind of reminds me of snowflakes on this card.   Three Martha Stewart snowflakes were punched.and I added one of the small circles with the pearl, from the lace,  in the center of each snowflake.  Glitter was added to the snowflakes and on the snowman.  

It is never to early to start making your Christmas card.  I am very happy with my first one for this year.  Have you started yours yet? 

Well I will pay more attention to deadlines next time.  Hope you enjoy this card.


11 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Well you have done it again! this is just jaw dropping gorgeous!!

Michelle said...

Selma this is beautiful, wow. What a sweet Christams card.

Anonymous said...

LOVE your Christmas card!! And that lace is to die for! Nice job.
Lu C

The Other Patti Sue said...

Well look at you go... Christmas cards! It feel like December here..LOL! Love your card, it's a beauty!

Kerrie said...

Christmas card!... great card....

Nana Griffin said...

Such a beautiful card! I should get at some Christmas cards too and not wait until just before. Your card is certainly an inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am still waiting for warmer weather, but I do enjoy your beautiful, gorgeous Christmas card. Another absolute winner.

Jackie

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!!! The whole card is just so pretty and that lace just finishes it off perfectly!

AKiteFlier said...

Giggle - I guess I'm REALLY lucky that you missed the time - I don't want to compete against YOU!! LOL You are the JRS queen to me - and I LOVE this card - total adorableness and the lace and acrylic frame are FABULOUS. Way to go GF. Miss you! When can you come back ?!?!?

JudyI St. Louis MO said...

Selma, that is a gorgeous card. That is just the right shade of blue for a snowy card.

this is fun said...

Very pretty. Love the delicate colours.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails