Monday, August 31, 2015

Carolina Window with Red Poinsettia

 I love Christmas and creating beautiful Christmas cards with Susan Tierney-Cockburn's dies.  For this card I used a piece of textured dark gold card stock to die cut Susan's Garden Notes Carolina Window & Shutters.  I placed the open portion over a piece of glittered card stock and colored it with markers to resemble light.  The die cut window was glued back in the opening.  I added a piece of black card stock behind the shutters (to help them stand out) and attached them with dimensional tape.  



I die cut Susan's Garden Notes Poinsettia using red card stock and created the bracts (center) using green, yellow and red Viva Paper Pens.  Five pine cones were created using dies from Susan's Whitepine Bough & Pine Cone dies, and I added pieces of the Whitepine Boughs under the pine cones.  The Elizabeth Craft Berry Branch was used to create the branches with the red berries, which were created with the Vivia Red Pearl Pen.

At the top of the card I added Whitepine Boughs and three small poinsettias, which were die cut using one of the dies from the CountryScapes Backyard 4 die set.  I used Elizabeth Craft Peel Off Stickers for the top corners and the sentiment.  A gold cord bow was placed under the poinsettia to tie in with the gold stickers.

These products can be purchased from Elizabeth Craft Designs:

353 Christmas Sentiment Peel Off Stickers

5 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Very pretty...Especially loved the pine cones and the berries
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Mihaela said...

Hi Selma,
your poinsettia and cones looks so beautiful!!!
Greetings,
Mihaela

Glenda said...

Girl, you just keep them coming! This is very pretty! Love the pretty poinsettia!

Cheryl W said...

Gorgeous card, Selma. Those pinecones look A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! It's always great fun and so inspiring to see your Christmas creations. So glad you share them with us.

SuzzieQ said...

No one does flowers and other flora and fauna like you do Selma. This card is breathtaking! Now I definitely will purchase more of Susan's flower dies. I have a few of her dies now and have found the flower making process very time consuming, but very rewarding. You have inspired me to get off my choosing "ready made" flowers, etc to make my own. I can only hope SOME of my flowers, etc will come out as lovely as your creations! Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails