Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Joan's Thursday Weekly Challenge


It's time for another Weekly Challenge at Joan's Gardens.  Last week we had 29 entries and we want to thank everyone for participating.  One person will be selected, in a random drawing, for the weekly prize and also be entered into the drawing at the end of the year for a $100 gift certificate from Joan's Gardens.  Joan and I have been very busy all week completing projects for her workshops this weekend.  Joan asked me to design a card for the challenge.   
This week the challenge is: 
  • Use the colors Pink and Green
  • Create a thank you card.
  • Use some kind of stripes
  • Use something scalloped

 This is a 5.5 inch square card.  I used a small piece of design paper from my "stash" and mounted it on light green card stock.  Three sets of Sizzix leaves were die cut and placed on the front of card.  Three flowers were created using the "Super Giant Begonia Petals" punch and the large sun punch used for the stamens.  There is one large flower and two smaller ones.  The sentiment is from the JustRite "You're So Sweet Set".  It was colored with markers and stamped on white card stock then cut out with a scallop Nestie.  A pink bow was added under the sentiment to complete the card. 

I hope you will join us in this week's challenge.  You can read all the details about this challenge at Joan's Gardens.

All products used on this card can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.  The flower punches have been so popular and have been on back order, but if you are interested in getting them, I urge you to email or call Joan and place your order so you will be on the list to receive them as soon as they arrive. 


12 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

What a beautiful and sweet card Selma. Love those flowers. Great challenge this week. "Hugs" Carol

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Great Color Combo. Your card is really lovely.

Maryann Laursen said...

WAUW your card is just awesome Selma. Really really gorgeous and romantic. I love your flowers, they´re so beautiful, but all is.

Chrissy said...

Once again Selma, you have blown me away. This is really gorgoeus.I adore those flowers, looks like I need to go shopping for punches.lol
Luv CHRISSYxx

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, your card is gorgeous. I love the fresg colors and of course those flowers are super terrific! Great job and thanks so much for creating this weeks Card Challenge for Joan's Gardens. your the best!!

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

craftieodmae said...

Selma, these look so real, absolutely beautiful!!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

GORGEOUS.... love the spring colors you used! I have tulips poking their noses up!

Donna said...

Lovely card, Joan! You always amaze me with your flowers. So pretty!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty indeed! I love, love, love the flowers.

Jackie,
Oregon

Winnie and Patty said...

Selma--those flowers are amazing! This is a gorgeous card!!! WOW! TFS

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

I've just hopped across from Heartfelt Creations to your blog and I love your cards, you've given me such inspiration. I'll be visiting again soon.

Jose said...

Beautiful! so love the colours you have used to colour these flowers, they look so real

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails