Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Joan's Gardens Tag Challenge #11

Tag created for Joan's Garden's Tag Challenge

Box with matching tag


It is time for another Tag Challenge and I want to Congratulate Glenda Brooks who is the winner for last week's challenge. Your tag is gorgeous Glenda. When Joan first started the Joan's Gardens Tag Challenges, I thought I would have a hard time creating one every week.  Boy was I wrong.  Now I look forward to creating tags and love looking at all of them in a box ready to use when birthday times come.  Almost all my family has a birthday in the summer so I will be ready with tags.

This week I decided to create a tag to match the box I posted yesterday.  This tag was created on a large manila shipping tag.  You can purchase a whole package of these from Joan.  They are always so easy to use for the base of your tag and are a great size to add plenty of embellishments.    A piece of the Graphic 45 design paper was added to the body of the tag with a small piece of striped paper at the top.  I did use a Martha Stewart punch to create a border along this piece.  It doesn't really match the lace on the box but does have points like it.  The same flowers were created and layered up the tag.  The sentiment is from JustRite Stamps "Birthday Sentiments" and the frame from "Just A Note".  These sets are 1 5/8" in diameter and I find I use them constantly.  They are just the perfect size to tuck in a little sentiment on either a card or tag.  Coral sheer ribbon was added for the hanger. 

Hope you will join in on the fun at Joan's Gardens Tag Challenge this week.  Anything goes so you can create a tag with supplies you have, for any occasion. Joan created a gorgeous tag today using one of the new Doily Dies she now carries.  You won't want to miss going over to see it here.  I want to thank all of you who join us in this challenge and also thank everyone for voting on your favorite tag.  Will you be the next person to win the tag challenge.  Hope so!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again! So very, very pretty! Love it!
Jackie,
Oregon

The Other Patti Sue said...

So very pretty Selma!

Glenda said...

It's getting so I don't have to see your name to know your work! This is another work of art and the flowers are soooooooooo gorgeous. You just continue to work your magic! Send me some of your magic dust!

craftieodmae said...

absolutely beautiful!!!! You all are gonna keep on til I try to make a tag.........these would be gifts in theirself!

Darlene said...

Just STUNNING Selma and what a beautiful set! I would have never thought to create a tag to go with the box ... PERFECT idea and wonderful creation! Thanks for ALWAYS inspiring us!!

Cindy said...

You have some beautiful cards on your blog Selma. I will definitely be spending some time here!

Cindy
http://paperoasis.blogspot.com

velta said...

Oh my Selma...This is absolutely magnificent! Your colors, the flowers...of course all you have done is by hand...I love that aspect about your creations! TFS :)

Nancy said...

Selma, your tag and your box are fabulous! You are truly gifted with making those flowers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails