Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cherry Blossoms





These are the punches and tools from Joan's Gardens used to create Cherry Blossoms


Card stock used to create flowers

I have been promising to create a card with cherry blossoms created with punches.  I finally have it done.  This is a card that will fit into a business size envelope.  A piece of design paper from my "scrap" box was used for the background.  The branch was cut with the Sizzix Cherry Blossom Branch.  The name of the punches used for this flower are:  medium blossom; large splatt, small cosmo, and mini sun.  You can see all the pieces punched in the picture above.  Each piece was shaped using the Flower Tool Kit.  They were assembled and attached over the branch. When cherry blossoms bloom, there are no leaves on the trees, so that is why I did not add green leaves. The sentiment is from the JustRite "Fancy Tags" stamp set.  It was black embossed and cut out.  A border along the bottom edge was created with the Martha Stewart "Embossed Scroll" border punch.  A thin piece of trim was added along the cut edge of the border.  

I have had a lot of people ask me what card stock I used for my flowers. Above is a picture of one of the packages of colored card stock I use.    Joan's Gardens has many different packages with a variety of colors in each pack. The "Pastel" package has the pink and yellow card stock I used for these flowers.  There are many other variety packs so just about any color needed can be found in the different packs.  All this card stock is 12x12 inches. 

All the punches, Sizzix Cherry Blossom Branch, Flower Tool Kit, Black Mat,  Card stock, JustRite stamps, and Martha Stewart punch can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.

I have so much fun creating all these beautiful flowers with punches.  I'm sure you will enjoy creating them too.

15 comments:

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Selma, and I love that you can use a business envie for it! You are so clever - thanks for sharing!

craftieodmae said...

I just don't know how you do all you do, this is another fantastic card!!!!

CraftinGranny said...

Oh my, got to hurry and make sure I got those punches ordered before she ships my order......LOL

More gorgeous flowers. Can't wait to start making some. The branch is perfect for the Cherry Blossoms.
"Hugs" Carol

Colleen said...

Selma,
Cherry Blossoms are some of my favorites.

Betty Benton said...

I'm with Colleen -- I love cherry blossoms! I have a silk pink cherry blossom tree and the people who have bought our house asked us to leave it for them!

valita said...

this is so beautiful!

A Consuming Passion said...

These are really special Selma! Your card is beautiful....you tempt me with every one of your posts....one day I will bite the bullet and pay the postage for punches from the US. Or better still arrange a trip and travel with a half empty suitcase LOL!!!

Karen Linarez said...

I really love this card. Those little flowers are awesome. I'd love to see a video tutorial of how you made them. It looks simple and elegant, even though I know you must've spent considerable time making those flowers.

Jose said...

'Gorgeous' I will have to have a go making cherry blossom too, but now I need a branch die cut too! together with all the small punches, you are a real artist using paper.

Patti P. said...

Selma, you have done it again....your imagination and creative self never fail to inspire. I have seen a couple of #10 cards lately and may try one soon. Loving these cherry blossoms and the bg paper is perfect. Tfs and have a great day.

Glenda said...

well now....do we need to go through this again? You already know what I'm going to say....gorgeous, beautiful, brilliant, lovely, fantastic, stunning.....what more can I say!

Joan Fricker said...

Oh Selma, what a gorgeous card. You certainly are a master and have such a fantastic eye for creating these beautiful flowers.
I am so thankful you are my designer!!!! Great job my friend!

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love the Cherry Blossoms! Have you ever been to the Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington D.C.? It's so pretty there.

Diane said...

What a beautiful creation to see on this cold and gloomy Michigan day...they are so inspiring, it makes me want to go right into my room and create....stunning card!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Another absolutely gorgeous work of art GF! Don't wish the cherry blossoms were in bloom? That would mean spring is REALLY here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails