Sunday, March 13, 2011

Butterfly Votive with Vellum Flowers

Votive with no candle

Votive with lit candle in daylight

Votive with lit candle at night

Today I did not create a new card but was playing with something I have been wanting to do for a long time.  I had this votive and all it had on it were the white metal double mounted butterflies.  I wanted to add some flowers.  First I cut a Nestabilities Lacy Circle to attach to the bottom of the votive.  Before attaching it I embossed it with the Cuttlebug Dotted Swiss embossing folder.  I created a lot  of vellum purple flowers using the Martha Stewart Hydrangea punches and the green vellum leaves were punched with the Martha Stewart "Frond" punch.  I wasn't sure it would work, but I attached the flowers and leaves to the glass on the votive with "Tombo Mono Aqua Liquid Glue".  It worked -- at least the flowers are still on and I think they are there to stay.  This glue is clear so it doesn't show through the glass.

Well that was my quick and easy project for you today.  I love creating flowers out of vellum because they are so quick and easy to make, and can really dress things up.  Hope you enjoyed my "frilly" project. 

I am sure most of you have read my tutorial on how to make the vellum flowers, but if not, there is a link on my side bar.  The candle inside the votive has a battery - not fire.

All productds in "bold" can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.

11 comments:

Carol L said...

this is so beautiful, and what a fabulous gift this would make! TFS!

Chrissy said...

Really gorgeous work Selma.Just stunning..especially the night shot.
Luv CHRISSYxx

CraftinGranny said...

Boy, would I love to have something like this to put on a table or two around my watergarden with citronella candles. This is beautiful Selma. Think I'll try it and see if it works for me. Thanks for the inspiration. I love it!!! "Hugs" Carol

Gladys R. said...

This is so beautiful. Thanks
for sharing.

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!!!

Joan Fricker said...

what a beautiful candle and a nice addition to any room. Great gift idea too!

Anonymous said...

BEAUITFUL!!

JOYCE

Donna said...

Gorgeous, Selma! Love that color of purple. You just amaze me with what you come up with! Have a wonderful week!

Colleen said...

Selma,
This is really pretty, I can imagine it on an outdoor dining table.

Sherry Kushibab said...

You jazzed this up quite nicely - love the low light shot....very inspirational TFS

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! What a quick and easy gift for the holidays. Not just the plain candles, but with that personal touch.

Thanks for sharing.
Jackie,
Oregon

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails