Today I did not create a new card but was playing with something I have been wanting to do for a long time. I had this votive and all it had on it were the white metal double mounted butterflies. I wanted to add some flowers. First I cut a Nestabilities Lacy Circle to attach to the bottom of the votive. Before attaching it I embossed it with the Cuttlebug Dotted Swiss embossing folder. I created a lot of vellum purple flowers using the Martha Stewart Hydrangea punches and the green vellum leaves were punched with the Martha Stewart "Frond" punch. I wasn't sure it would work, but I attached the flowers and leaves to the glass on the votive with "Tombo Mono Aqua Liquid Glue". It worked -- at least the flowers are still on and I think they are there to stay. This glue is clear so it doesn't show through the glass.
Well that was my quick and easy project for you today. I love creating flowers out of vellum because they are so quick and easy to make, and can really dress things up. Hope you enjoyed my "frilly" project.
I am sure most of you have read my tutorial on how to make the vellum flowers, but if not, there is a link on my side bar. The candle inside the votive has a battery - not fire.
All productds in "bold" can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.