Sunday, January 9, 2011

With Love


I have an embossing folder I have not used and wanted to create something with it today.    It is one of the Cuttlebug "Sentimentals" embossing folders. I decided to make this monochromatic card. I  antiqued it with Tim Holtz Distress Tea Dye ink.  The designer paper behind this embossed piece is from "The Paper Studio" Mirabelle" paper pack.  The panel behind the design paper was embossed with the Cuttlebug "Brocade Window" embossing folder.  It did cut a window in that piece but does not show because I covered it up with the design paper.  The edges were sponged using the Tea Dye ink.  

The flower was created using the Tim Holtz "Tattered Flowers" Sizzix die.  I used the two smallest flowers on this die, which has four different flowers.  They were cut out with a light tan card stock and sponged with the Tea Dye ink.  The leaves under the flower were cut with the Sizzix "Branch w/Leaves"  die and also sponged with the same ink.  The greeting is from the Heartfelt Creations "Inspire Me Sentiments PreCut Set".  I love the font.  It was cut out with the  JustRite label Nestabilities and also sponged.  To complete the card I added a silk bow.  

All the products used for this card can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.  Have you submitted your tag and/or card for Joan's challenges? 

Today Joan posted some Heartfelt Creations stamp sets on sale for 40% off.  What a great bargain on these beautiful sets.    There will be more items on sale so be sure to check out her blog here.

I hope you have had a great weekend.  I really appreciate you stopping by.

10 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is stunning! Love the monochromatic color scheme!

Mary G. said...

Beautiful card as always! I love that CB folder...now I MUST have it!

Betty Benton said...

Terrific use of your embossing folders and dies. Gorgeous card!

CraftinGranny said...

Thanks for showcasing some new embossing folders I haven't seen. This is a beautiful card and design Selma. I've always thought monochromatic color cards were so pretty. "Hugs" Carol

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

Another Amazing card! I am always so inspired by your floral beauties!

craftieodmae said...

WOW! I love this folder, and your card is absolutely beautiful!!!

Glenda said...

This is beautiful! I love the soft muted colors you chose. Something about this just reminds me of different time, when things were so much slower. Well done!

Colleen said...

Selma,
I love that Tim Holtz folder! This card is so romantic.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Selma this card is so soft and elegant. I love the antiqued monochromatic look you've created. I have never seen that embossing folder with the keys on it - I will be looking for it for sure. Your flower and bow are gorgeous. I also wanted to tell you that I love the new look of your blog home page - so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Selma,
How do you make such beautiful bows?
Free hand or a bow maker?
does the type of ribbon make the difference?

Pam Bowers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails