Sunday, January 23, 2011

One stamp, Two looks


Front of Gold and Black Card
(It's funny, I have to lean back from my computer to see the black.  For some reason it looks gray when I am close to computer screen.)

Inside Gold and Black Card

This card completed in Pastel

First, I want to thank all you for the wonderful comments on my post yesterday.  I have really enjoyed reading all of them.  It makes me feel good to know you enjoy my work. 

Joan and I both have been wanting a beautiful heart stamp to work with.  She found the two beautiful stamps used on these cards (the heart and verse) from Penny Black stamps.  The name of the heart stamp is "Love is the Message".  The name of the greeting, used inside, is "Dreams Come True". Joan has both these stamps in stock.  

Today I wanted to show you how different one stamp can look.  The first card was created using black and gold.   The card stock used for the card is ivory cut 5.5 inches square.   The border was created using gold card stock and the new Martha Stewart "Double Arches" punches.  Isn't it a beautiful frame.  The image was stamped, on black card stock,  with VersaMark ink and gold embossed.  The punched frame was backed with black card stock.  I wanted the design to be the focal point so did not add  a lot of embellishment -- only a black rhinestone on each corner. The image on the inside of the card is from the Studio 490, Wendy Vecchi,  "Botanical Art" set.  Both the design and the pretty greeting were black embossed.  I used the same punch as used on the front for just a border along the bottom.

The second card is very pastel.  I used a piece of ColorBok "Pearlescent Paper" for the background.  Using my ScorPal, I scored two lines around all the edges.  The heart image was stamped twice on white card stock.  One was cut out with the largest Nestability "Lacey Square" die.  It was embossed with the Dotted Swiss embossing folder.  The heart was cut out of the second image so it could be attached with dimensionals to give the card some dimension.   The ink used was ColorBox "Wisteria" Chalk ink.  

To add one more color to this pastel card, I made two small sizes of pink vellum flowers.  I used the Martha Stewart flower punch that has three flowers on it.  I am sure you are all familiar with this punch and know you can purchase it from Joan's Gardens.  The flowers were attached to the design on the card with a tiny dot of glue.  I pushed down in the center of each one with a stylus to be sure it attached to the card.  To complete the card, I added a bow and a few lavender pearls.  

Which card do you like the best? 

All products used on my cards can be purchased from Joan's Gardens


15 comments:

Colleen said...

Selma,
I like both for different occasions of course. I think the B/G is much more formal and the other is dainty and pretty.

Betty Benton said...

Both are simply gorgeous! Just personal peference, my favorite is the pastels!

Mary G. said...

Both cards are beautiful but that black and gold card is stunning!!! I love to see how the same stamp looks so different! TFS!

Joy said...

Selma, I am a new follower. I was directed here from the Cricut Message Board. Someone had made a card using vellum flowers, inspired by you. Your work is just stunning!!! I especially love the card with the tiny vellum flowers, its beautiful !!!

velta said...

My dear Selma...as always you "please!" Another beauty...just so pleasing to the eye...thank you for sharing...now I am off to check out what Joan has to share :)

craftieodmae said...

Saw this stamp over at Joan's, want it, but I have already gave her all my allowance this month LOL. You card is beautiful!!!

Newbie said...

Selma, both cards are beautiful! Like on gal already said, the black and gold is so formal! I love gold embossing, but of the two, I would take the pastel one in a flash. Love like pastels, and love your flowers. And all the added embellihments make it the perfect one!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Boy these are both beautiful... I can't pick which one I like best! Love black and white cards, but the pastel one is absolutely stunning!

Anonymous said...

Both cards are just exquisite! I know I am buying that double arch punch for sure.

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Selma:

Wow! Which one do I like best - can't say. I love them both and for different reasons. I love the black one because for some odd reason black is my favorite color. I also love the new MS punch which I just received. With regard to the other card - I just love those little pink vellum flowers. They're both fantastic.


Susan

Making Cards With Crafty Sue said...

Selma, your creations never fail to please and I don't think whatever colour or layout you choose I would still drool over it...love them both,

TFS

Susan

Making Cards With Crafty Sue said...

Selma, your creations never fail to please and I don't think whatever colour or layout you choose I would still drool over it...love them both,

TFS

Susan

Barbara Jay said...

Your work is absolutely Beautiful!! I spent quite a bit of time looking at your archives and I am in awe .I am a customer of Joan's and she suggested that I check out your site. . Thanks Joan! I love this site . I will be back

Auntie Em said...

It's amazing the difference in the feeling of the cards just using the different colours. The elegance of the black and gold or the softness of the white and pink! Love both!!!
Thanks for sharing! :o)

Glenda said...

Hi Selma, Love all your beautiful work! Love the vellum flowers and the punches! I found your blog through Cricut Messageboard. I am now a follower! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous creations!
Glenda
http://glendascards.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails