Monday, January 17, 2011

Joan's Gardens Tag Challenge #3




I am having so much fun creating a tag each week for Joan's Garden's Tag Challenge.  I created my tag this afternoon and since I know tomorrow starts a new tag challenge, I am posting it tonight.    I started a manila shipping tag and covered it with designer paper from the new Graphic 45 "Once Upon a Springtime" paper pad.  What beautiful papers!   I first decided which piece of paper I wanted to use, then created my tag around the design in it.  This pretty piece has some little flowers in it that I love so decided that should become my focal point.  I used some of the flower punches from Joan's Gardens.  The flowers are created with petals from the "Super Giant Begonia Petals" punch.  I punched them out using ivory card stock.  Using a sponge dauber, I first sponged on ColorBox "Peach Pastel" chalk ink on the lower portion of each petal, then sponged on ColorBox "Rose Coral" chalk ink around the outside of each petal.  The flowers were assembled using the instructions in the "Paper Bouquet"  instruction book, also available from Joan.  I was very pleased with how close they look to the flowers in the design paper.   All three flowers are a little different in size.  Using punches, leaves and branches were added behind the flowers.  Each time I create my own flowers, it makes me feel happy.  I always think they are much prettier than the ones I used to purchase,  and they are so easy to make.  When you make your own flowers, you can make them exactly the size and color you want.  I posted a close up and wonder if you think my flowers match pretty closely to the ones in the design paper.

The greeting is from the JustRite "Just A Note" stamp set.  It was black embossed and cut out with a Nestabilities Labels Six die.  It was sponged with the two inks used on the flowers prior to taking it out of the die and was attached with dimensionals.  To complete my tag I added two different sizes peach and rose ribbons.  

All products used to create this tag can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.

Did you see the gorgeous tags in last weeks Joan's Gardens Tag Challenge?  I really had a hard time deciding which one to vote for.  I hope you will join us in this fun challenge and start building your own collection of tags you will need for this year.  The challenge is so easy, because you can make a tag for any occasion and use any thing you want on it.  The requirement is just to create a tag and link it to Joan's blog.  Your vote helps determine the winner.  The voting is open for one day only (Monday) and the winner will receive a badge showing they won and will then be eligible for a drawing for a prize later in the year.  How easy is that!  Won't you join in on the fun!


24 comments:

Blissmade Designs said...

Wow! Such a beautiful tag! Your flowers and leaves look really great.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Absolutely stunning! Love your flowers... so pretty! Did your snow melt away with the warm temps, rain and wind? We can see our grass! There is just snow left in the piles :o)

Payne Holler Cards said...

thud! gorgeous!!!! and they go with the dp perfectly!!!
i forgot to vote over at Joan's, headed there now!

Heide said...

Such a stunning Tag! The flowers are so beautiful .

Donna said...

Wow! This is one gorgeous tag! I love your flowers. Sure wish I had more time and more uses for tags. But I love the inspiration from your projects! Thanks for sharing!

Colleen said...

Selma,
The flowers are just as pretty as can be. They do match the dp.

CraftinGranny said...

Your flowers are to die for Selma. The tag is so beautiful and embellished beautifully. "Hugs" Carol

Chrissy said...

Wonderful and totally beautiful is this tag. The flowers are magic,and match to perfection.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Lana said...

Selma Wow your tag is fabulous!!!! I love everything about it!!!!

Glenda said...

Breathtaking! Love your flowers too. You can work magic when it comes to making flowers! That paper is so pretty! Can't wait to see what you color using distress inks!

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous tag and great write up!!!!

Pam P said...

Beautiful tag and love the colors. Your work is exquisite!

Clare said...

Beautiful work, Selma! How did you get the edges of your petals to look the way they do?

Anonymous said...

WOW, that is a gift in itself. Absolutely beautiful!
Jackie

Newbie said...

Absolutly gorgeous! Beautiful colors and the flowers look so real!! And they DO match perfectly! You have such a way with flowers and coloring to match things! Beautiful!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh so very pretty. Thanks for all the info on making your flowers. They are beautiful. I've always made "Shabby" or "Distressed" tags..but I really like the change up you've shown here.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Such beautiful paper and those flowers on it are soooooo pretty!

Darlene said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!
Love those flowers and that paper! Of which I just purchased and haven't played with yet ... thanks for inspiration! BEAUTIFUL!!!

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, when you showed me your tag last night my mouth fell open as it is just totally gorgeous. I love everything about it. You flowers look real and I love how you clustered them together. Great job my friend!

Thanks so much for playing in Joan's Gardens #2 Weekly Tag Challenge. So fun seeing all the different ideas.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Sharon Peele said...

Selma, Wow your tag is gorgeous as usual!! You answered a question I have always wondered about, if people made their own flowers or if they use store bought ones! Every time I see craft flower in a store, I always ask myself, can I make that?!!

Sillyfilly said...

I love your flowers. How are you making the stamen in the flowers?

Sillyfilly said...

I love your flowers. Will you please post on how you make the stamen for them? I would really really appreciate it. Thanks

Barbara Jay said...

Wow this is so-o-o-o gorgous!! TFS. New to your blog. I WILL be back

Nancy said...

Such a pretty tag! Your flowers are perfect! Great colors and DP.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails