Sunday, January 30, 2011

Another JustRite Flower



Today I am posting another card using one of the new JustRite stamp sets.  I used this set to make my vellum lily card about a week ago.  The name of the set is "Mother Nature's Gifts".   There are three flowers, one greeting, and four pretty borders in this set.  This set fits the 3 1/4" wooden handle. 

My card is 5.5 inches square.  This is my favorite size card to work with because I have more room for all the elements I want to work with. I decided to use some colors that I seldom use.  Are you surprised not to see pink or purple!!!  I started with  a slightly smaller piece of white card stock and stamped the flower all over it using marigold ink. Can you see it in the background? Then using one of the large sponge daubers, I sponged all around the edges and then applied less color in the center.  The same flower was stamped again seven times, on bright yellow card stock,  with Memento "Cantaloupe" ink and each flower cut out to create all the layers.  You don't have to be real precise in doing this, but need to try and cut each consecutive flower (layer) smaller.  I cut between many of the petals on each flower so it would shape like a real flower.  The edges were sponged with the marigold ink.  I used the "Flower Tool Kit" from Joan's Gardens to shape my flower. I sure use this tool kit a lot! All the layers were glued together using a liquid glue.  A small yellow pearl was added to the center.

The beautiful verse is from the same JustRite set.  It was stamped using Versafine "Onyx Black" ink and cut out with a circle Nestability.  The border from this set was black embossed on Papertrey "Spring Moss" card stock and cut out with a scallop Nestability.  A bow was made using matching ribbon. The flourish was cut with the Tim Holtz "Elegant Flourishes" die.  It is the smaller of the two on this die.  Three  leaves were punched.  All the element were attached as shown.

You can purchase all the new JustRite stamps sets, and all the products listed above in "bold", from Joan's Gardens.  Joan's shipping is only actual shipping cost. 


12 comments:

Darlene said...

Holy Moly ... this is AMAZING!! Beautiful creation Selma and I really like how your sponged on your sentiment to match the flower. Just beautiful!

CraftinGranny said...

I so love your flowers Selma! This card is absolutely stunning and a beautiful reminder that spring is on it's way. "Hugs" Carol

The Other Patti Sue said...

It's another beauty! How's the weather at your house? We've had everything today... it's like March!

Chrissy said...

WOW!! Gorgeous flower and such a pretty yellow. Beautiful card, and yes, I like the bigger cards too so we stick more on them.Just need to go shopping now to buy more stuff to stick.LOL
Luv CHRISSYxx

Winnie and Patty said...

Selma--this is beautiful. The flower is amazing, and I love the beautiful colors that you chose! Wonderful job. TFS

Becky said...

This is stunning Selma, love the flower.

Glenda said...

I really wished my mind worked like yours! Such a brilliant idea to use the stamp to make a 3-d flower to adorn your card! Just amazing!

Colleen said...

Selma,
Amazing flower! Soft and pretty colors.

craftieodmae said...

another Master Piece! Love it.

craftieodmae said...

I left you a little something on my blog!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Great use of the JRS stamp set. Love that flourish. I have that die set and have yet to use it....hopefully now I will. Love that Papertrey Spring Moss card stock.

Anonymous said...

I'm ready for spring. but I don't think the ground hog will see his shadow. LOL very pretty card. Have a good day. Char

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails