Sunday, November 7, 2010

Star Tilda with Paper Punched Rose



Can you believe I created this card around the paper rose I made!  I used one of the new punches Joan is showing on her blog,  Joan's Gardens.  She has just listed a lot of new products. The punch I used is the "Super Giant Begonia Petals".    It is very easy to make these flowers, especially if you have the book and tools Joan has in stock.  Don't these flowers look real!

The designer paper I used is from the Graphic 45 "Le'Romantique Collection".  It matches my flower so well.  I created the flower using a very light peach card stock and sponged the edges with a light pink.  I love the color it turned out.  The stamp I am using is a Magnolia stamp called "Star Tilda".  She was colored with Copic markers and cut out.  An ivory Spellbinder "Fleur De Lis" pendant was cut out plus a "Big Scalloped Oval Sm Nestie.  The oval was sponged with peach ink and attached over the Pendant with dimensionals.  Tilda was placed in the center of the card and the rose up in the corner. Two leaves and a few ferns were added around it.  A piece of trim was added to the bottom.   

  It always gives me a great feeling adding an embellishment I made myself and is so fun to hear people make comments about how they can't believe I made it.  I plan to decorate a lot of gift boxes with these flowers which I know will really dress them up.  If you like to create your own beautiful flowers, be sure and check out all the new supplies Joan's Gardens now has in stock to create a variety of different flowers.

9 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

You are so right... this flower is gorgeous! I can see why you would be excited! Love the whole card, but the flower totally makes it! I ordered the book you enabler!

Debbi said...

Oh my word...you MADE the rose?? That is so beautiful!! The card is gorgeous. I can see why you enjoy using your roses...WOW.
*smiles*
debbi

CraftinGranny said...

The flower is so awesome Selma. Wish I could shop at Joan's but Santa says I have to wait awhile. Beautiful card! "Hugs" Carol

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, your rose is gorgeous. I love the colors and by making the rose you can make sure all colors blend together.

Your Star Tilda is adorable and everything about this card is just precious.

Joan

craftieodmae said...

Yes they do and I love that flower book she showed!

Colleen said...

Selma,
Terrific rose! It does make the card. You are a flower expert.

April said...

How sweet and sooooo pretty!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Another jaw-dropping card. You are always so creative! That flower if gorgeous. Now I'm wishing I'd ordered that stamp too. :)

A Consuming Passion said...

Ooooh I'm so far behind in comments Selma!!! Sorry.
Your card is a beauty and ys this flower is just beautiful!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails