Saturday, November 27, 2010

Our first big snow




I couldn't resist taking some pictures of our November snow.  I couldn't brave going out in the front yard, so I just stepped out on the deck and took pictures of the view out our family room windows.  Aren't the trees beautiful!  I love it when it snows because it is so beautiful,  but just don't like to get out and drive in it.    We live in a new neighborhood so do not have really tall trees in our yard yet, but the trees behind us are gorgeous.  We live pretty close to the mountains.   I did take a picture of the birdbath/fountain in our backyard and you can see how much snow we have.  Can you see the large snowflakes coming down in the pictures?   My DH has been out with the snow blower for over an hour.  I think we got at least a foot of new snow overnight.   Needless to say, he doesn't like the snow -- he would much rather be out on the golf course!  We have winter storm warnings, so I think we will be staying in today.


9 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Okay I'll agree it's beautiful, but man you can have it! I hate snow, cold weather and anything else that comes with it LOL. I'm a summer girl! the sun is shinny here and 36 degrees, to cold in my book but at least we don't have the white stuff. Stay warm, good time to stamp LOL

Mary G. said...

So pretty! I'm looking forward to snow here, but hopefully not as much as we got last year!!! 2 big blizzards just days apart is too much for me! :D Enjoy!

Chrissy said...

Well I dont get snow where I live, too close to the beach. But I would love to have it for at least one day. To me it is so Chrismassy.
I like the winter....well maybe not quite like you have.I have woken up to 20oC today and going up to 28.Yippe skippy, love to sweat..NOT
Luv CHRISSYxx

Joan Fricker said...

Selma, it is so beauiful!!!
A great day to stay in and craft.

Dianna said...

Selma,

Well, it's pretty as long as it is in your back yard and not mine. I like to look at it, but I hate trying to get around in it. Like Joan said, it is a good day to stay in and craft. Wish I was there to craft with you.

Dianna

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Brrrrr! Pretty snowy, but if you can stay in and be warm it's all good. My hubby would be in his glory! Santa came a little early and brought him a nice, shiny new John Deer snow blower and he is dying to try it out. It even has hand warmers!!!!!

redwasher1 said...

Selma, it is gorgeous and it's like looking outside at my house, just not as much!

Debby said...

Love the snow...love the card!

Sharon S. said...

Beautiful pictures of the snow and beautiful card - I love your creations - they are all gorgeous. Snow pretty to look at but that's about it in my book!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails