Monday, November 22, 2010

Joyous Noel



I did not have time to stamp today so I am posting another card I created for Heartfelt Creations. 

A piece of “polished stone” card stock was used for the ornament and left side of the card. I made the "polished stone" card stock using reinkers and a gold metalic pen.   The ornament was gold embossed and cut out with the matching die. A piece of vanilla card stock was partially embossed with the Cuttlebug “Snow Dots” embossing folder then the greeting was gold embossed on the top. This piece was attached to the right side of the ivory card. A strip of the “polished stone” card stock was attached to the left side. To hide the seam, a piece of gold trim was attached with ScorTape. A hole punch was used to create the hole in the top of the ornament then gold cording attached with a glue dot. Rhinestones were added to complete the card.

We are having blizzard warnings this evening.  We only have about three inches of snow right now but sounds like we might get a lot more.  Patti, sounds like your weather might be worse over there in Idaho. Hope you don't get snowed in.   We are hoping our power doesn't go out.



9 comments:

Brenda said...

Selma your card is beautiful! I love the ornament done with polished stone, wonderful and very effective. Stay warm and safe.

Dianna said...

Selma,

What a pretty card, and I love the polished stone effect. This would be a card I would like to try and make and send to a special friend.

Thanks for sharing, and stay warm. I just looked outside and the ground is covered in snow, here in beautiful VANCOUVER WASHINGTON USA.

Dianna

Kerrie said...

Wow Selma, this is so pretty, lovely polished stone, and with the gold it just really sets this card off.

craftieodmae said...

I love this!!!! I can't believe it's snowing already, it's still in the high 50's - low 60's here. Thank God! I do not like winter LOL

Colleen said...

Selma,
Wonderful way to use the polished stone! When I was at the show I was able to purchase some plastic that you can use that technique on. Can't wait to try it.

Lynette said...

VERY beautiful!!! I hope you didn't lose power.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Sorry to hear that winter has really arrived at your doorstep. Stay safe and warm. I'm not looking forward to it arriving in Iowa eventually.

When I opened your blog my reaction was that of awe. The card is just beautiful. I've never heard of polished stone paper.

Anonymous said...

That is so pretty, I love the polished stone look.

redwasher1 said...

WOW!!! Selma this is just gorgeous!!! Love that polished stone look is that
cs you bought or did you make that??

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails