Thursday, November 11, 2010

Joan's Garden Challenge #23


Joan has another fun challenge this week for the Joan's Gardens Challenge #23.  Here is the challenge. 
 
Make a card or project using the following: 
  • Create a Window card (Create an opening on the front of the card to see the image stamped inside.)
  • Use a Christmas Ornament - or something similar
  • Some thing Gold
  • Something fuzzy
This is a 5.5" ivory card.  I also cut another piece of ivory card stock slightly smaller to be placed over the top of the front of the card.  I attached the separate piece over the front of the card with removeable tap and cut an opening through the two pieces using the Nestability Big Scallop Ovals.  I used the largest die in the set.  A gold leaf marker was used to outline the opening.  Next I embossed the pretty pine trees using the Tim Holtz Sizzix "Tall Pines" embossing folder.  I love the deep embossing you get with these embossing folders.  I sponged Tim Holtz Distress ink on the trees to make them show up even better.    I wanted a winter scene. so I also embossed the front panel with the Cuttlebug dotted Swiss embossing folder.  Can you guess why I used that second piece of card stock on the top of my card?  I didn't want all that embossing to show through on the inside of the card. 

One of the ornaments from the Heartfelt Creations "Fancy Ornament PreCut Set" was gold embossed on ivory card stock. It was cut out with the matching HFC ornament die.  The inside of the card is lined with a piece of Basic Grey design paper.  The ornament was attached with dimensional dots in the center of the opening and a gold bow added on the top layer above the ornament.  I had to add something "fuzzy" to complete the challenge.  I didn't want to cover up those beautiful embossed pine tree with Flower Soft to resemble snow, so I added a piece of "fuzzy" trim along the bottom.  I placed a piece of ScorTape along the bottom edge and wrinkled up the trim along the bottom to resemble snow on the ground. 



I hope you join in on this fun challenge at Joan's Gardens.  You need to go over and see the beautiful ornament card Joan created and get all the information about the challenge here

All products used on this card can be purchased from Joan's Gardens.


13 comments:

Glenda said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love that edging with gold. So many details, and still your card is neat and tidy.....just lovely!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Very pretty... so many wonderful elements!

craftieodmae said...

another gorgeous card Selma!

Anonymous said...

Yet another beautiful card Selma - thank you for not only listing the 'ingredients' but also sharing the 'method' with us. I've picked up some great tips. Mwah!

Mary Mac

Darlene said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Selma! Love how you added the trees before doing the embossing! Just fabulous! Of course I think that of ALL your work! You are such an inspiration!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I really like the way you colored the trees. Very pretty window card.

Colleen said...

Selma,
Wonderful card. I love those trees.

Anonymous said...

Lovely. I like the touch of fuzzy at the bottom and the tree idea is quite interesting. I never think to emboss and color like that.

Susan Hogan said...

This is a very clever card - well done. Lovely piece of work.

AKiteFlier said...

Stunning Selma! LOVE it.

Payne Holler Cards said...

so many details! beautiful card (-:

Joan Fricker said...

Selma this is stunning. I love your trees and everything about this card is beautiful!!!

Thanks so much for playing in Joan's Gardens #23 weekly Challenge. You always create something beautiful!!!

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Ron Mylar said...

We must do little challenges in our life so as to remain busy in our life and get our mind involved in these types of activities. And hence we keep on engaging our self.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails