Saturday, November 6, 2010

Francesca in the Winter Field


Hope you are having a great weekend.  Today I created a card using a new Stampavie stamp I recently got.   The name of the stamp is Francesca in the Winter Field by Sarah Kay.  I think this little girl is so cute.  I don't believe I have ever colored hair black.  I am always afraid I will totally mess things up when I use that color.  However, I decided to try and color Francesca's hair using a black colored pencil and OMS.  I think it worked pretty well.  Guess I don't need to be so afraid to color with black.  The whole image was colored with colored pencils and cut out with a square Nestie.  I cut out a frame to go under the image using the Nestie Lacy Square.  The tree was cut out with a Sizzix die.  I cut it out twice using textured card stock.  The second one was cut apart so I could sponge the edges and layer it to give it some dimension. 

Wow, that was a quick and easy card.  Joan's Gardens has a lot of the new Sarah Kay stamps.  It is always a hard decision on which ones to purchase, because they are all so darn cute. 

Have you joined in on the Joan's Gardens weekly challenge.  Here is the link for all the info. 



10 comments:

Colleen said...

Selma,
The hair color turned out great! really like this cutie!

craftieodmae said...

Glad you colored this one, I think ordered it the other day from Joan, it's gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Selma you say "I think it worked pretty well", you are too modest it worked EXTREMELY well.
I also really like what you did with the tree - a good tip, thank you! Another fab card.

Mary Mac

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful card Selma! Lovely colouring too!
I'm enjoying using some cut images on my cards at the moment and have to say they really add lots to the overall look of these seasonal cards.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

BEautiful! I love the addition of the tree.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Selma- what an adorable card! I will have to give "black" hair a try!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super adorable! You did great with the black hair!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

This is such a cute image and I love the way you put the tree in the foreground. Great card!

Winnie and Patty said...

Oh Selma--this card is adorable!!! And you did a fantastic job on her hair!! You don't need to be afraid to use your black pencil any longer! LOL
The tree is the perfect accent for this cute image. TFS

Payne Holler Cards said...

you definitely have black hair nailed (which is definitely tough")...this is another cute card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails