Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Beautiful Heartfelt Creations Lilac





I love to work with the Heartfelt Creations Posy Patch stamps and dies.  Doesn't this lilac look very real!  This is one of my cards posted today on the Heartfelt Creations blog.  Be sure to go over and check out all the beautiful projects created by the designers on this week's post.

The lilac was stamped on white card stock and colored with Copic markers. It was then cut out with scissors. Extra posy flowers were stamped, colored and cut out with the matching die and attached with small pieces of dimensional tape.  You can see this in the closeup picture.  Three leaves were stamped and cut out with matching dies.  

A 5-inch square of lavender card stock was cut and a Martha Stewart border/corner punch was used for a lacy border. The “Elegante Swirl” was stamped with VersaMark and white embossed on this piece and layered onto a piece of dark purple card stock. The lilac was attached at the stem end with an adhesive and a piece of dimensional tape added at the top of the flower and it was arranged over the pretty swirl. The three leaves were layered around the stem then a light lavender Dotted Swiss bow added to the bottom of the stem. Pearls were added around the edges of the lacy background.

Didn't this create an elegant card!

Heartfelt Creations products used:  HCPC 3302 Lilacs/Posy Bouquet PreCut set; HCPC 3303 Posy Patch Flowers PreCut set; HCD 701 Posy Patch Diecuts; HCPC 3314 Elegant Single Leaves PreCut set; HCD 704 Perfect Petals Diecuts; HCPC 2251 Elegante Border and Swirl PreCut set.


23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Selma, just catching up after a couple of days being sick. What beautiful creations. The flowers, I can't believe you cut them out like that. What a lot of detail there and the snowman card is fantastic. Your work is always very elegant. I classify that as your style, always elegant.

A Consuming Passion said...

I'm so far behind with commenting Selma and feel I've missed so much....I really love this card ...Lilac is one of my favourite flowers from home. My family home had a beautiful bush in the front garden. I love how you've set this image and yes it looks very real.
Hope all's well with you. Sue

Myrna said...

Selma
This is gorgeous and such a lot of work. Love your site.
Myrna

The Other Patti Sue said...

Stunning!Very,very elegant!

CraftinGranny said...

OMG Selma, this is so gorgeous. My favorite colors and beautifully done. "Hugs" Carol

Making Cards With Crafty Sue said...

Selma one of my favourite trees is the lilac tree so when I saw this I just fell in love with it...an absolute stunner,

Thanks for sharing this beauty with us..Susan

velta said...

Selma...did you use a MS punch for the outline? I just love this!

Susan Joyce said...

Stunning such a totally delightful card Selma.

craftieodmae said...

Girl you out did your self with this beauty. So much work, it's breath taking!!!!

Karen W said...

This is just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! You are always so amazing Selma. I just love to see your work.

Jackie

Judy Covey said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Selma and it looks like it would have taken HOURS to design and complete. I need to spend more time using my border punches, I see where it can really give a card an exquisite look. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful creations, you provide so much inspiration.

Olena said...

OMG! This is absolutely gorgeus! Olena

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I can almost smell the flowers. :) Very pretty!

Rita said...

I can not enter as your advocate charmedmagic4@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Georgous!!

Ruth G

Anonymous said...

Wake up and smell the roses ooops I mean Lilacs.
Selma you keep surpassing your last best creation - this is so elegant. At first glance I thought it was pergamano. Just love your blog.

Mary Mac

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Very real indeed! Gorgeous work and an amazing card!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Very real indeed! Gorgeous work and an amazing card!

Winnie and Patty said...

Selma--your eye for detail is amazing!!! This is gorgeous!!!! TFS

Kathy and Lucky said...

Wow, ok, speechless comes to mind, what a gorgeous card. You so have more patience than I cutting out the flowers.

Blissmade Designs said...

Amazing card! I like how dimensional you made the lilacs. I must get that Martha Stewart punch!

Susan Hogan said...

How patient you are. This is truly beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails