Wednesday, January 31, 2018
Yesterday the design team had a challenge to create a Valentine card. I created two cards and saved this one for today. Valentine cards are so fun to design. Here is how I created this card.
This is a 6 inch square card.
1. Cut a piece of the ModaScrap Sweet Vintage Rose paper.
2. Use the Lace Pocket die set and die cut one pink pocket. Attach the pocket tabs around the Sweet Vintage Rose card stock. Attach the pocket to the front of the card.
3. Use the Dotted Scallop die set to die cut three hearts.
4. Use the Lace Heart Die set and die cut one white heart. Sponge lightly with light pink ink. Attach to the larger Dotted Scallop Heart.
5. Use the A Way With Words Calligraphic Elements 3 die set and die cut the little heart with the bow string. Sponge on light pink ink. Glue the heart from the Calligraphic Elements 3 die set to the center of the smallest die cut heart. Attach the hearts to the side of the Lace Heart die cut has shown in the picture. Attach these hearts inside the upper left side of the Lace Pocket, as shown.
6. Use the Entwined Heart die set and die cut the smaller heart. Sponge the heart with light pink ink. Attach it to the middle size die cut heart.
7. Use the love from the Love Sentiments die set and die cut two sentiments. Glue the two sentiments together. Sponge with light pink ink. Attach the sentiment inside the Entwined Heart. Glue these hearts over the front of the Lace Pocket as shown.
8. Uses Susan's Garden Rose 1 die set and create a pink and white rose. Use Pink PanPastels to color the base of the petals. Shape the petals with the flower tool kit and assemble the the flower. Shape the leaves and color with light green PanPastels.
9. Use the Garden Notes Maidenhair Fern die set and die cut two ferns.
10. Attach the ferns and rose to the lower left corner of the Lace Pocket.
11. For mailing, use a 6 3/8 x 6 5/16 clear plastic box.
You can shop for the products used by clinking on the links below.