Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Lavender



Good Morning.  I just purchased a large flower pot of lavender for my deck, which was my inspiration for this card.

I have posted two cards to show you how a couple of extra die cuts can change the feeling about a card. Which card do you like best?

In Susan's new Spring Release at Elizabeth Craft Designs, she has included the die set  Garden Notes Lavender.  


This is a 6x6 inch card.  I love the design paper used on this card.  It was sent to me by a very sweet friend from the Netherlands.  The name of the paper pad by Craft & You, is "Lavender Garden".  I was so excited to receive this beautiful paper.  To give a little texture to the right side of the card, I used a score pad and created lines of varying sizes down from the top of the card.  

The Lavender was created with the Garden Notes Lavender dies.  You can die cut and add as many little purple flowers as you wish.  As you can see, the set also includes a pretty bow.

To frame the Lavender, I used a die cut from Els van de Burgt Studio Fitted Frames 4 - Curvy Ovals.  It was glued to the design paper.  The Lavender was attached in the center of the oval using glue dots.  The edges of the design paper was sponged with Seedless Preserves Distress Ink.  

After completing the card, I felt like it was missing something.  I used Susan's Garden Notes Bugs & Butterflies die set to add three butterflies.  The highest butterfly on the right was  die cut twice and glued together to create two wings, which gives it dimension.  The Duck is one of the die cuts from Susan's CountryScapes Critters 5

Sometimes by taking a little extra time to add something else will help to make it look more complete.  Do you agree?

The dies used for this card can be purchased from Elizabeth Craft Designs.

CountryScapes Critters 5
Fitted Frames 4 Curvy Ovals

1 comment:

Eva van Buuren said...

Wow Selma, this is such a GORGEOUS card......everything fits so very well together!! I love this card!!
Hugs, Eva.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails