- Use a 6x6 inch what card. Attach a piece of tan corrugated card board to the front. You can purchase this type of board from the craft store or use a piece of card board from a box.
- Use the largest frame from the Square Stitched Frames die set and the second largest Square in the Fitted Frame die cut to die cut a Navy blue frame.
- Using the Lighthouse die set, die cut the solid (background) Lighthouse shape, using a piece of the Wood, Through The Lens Patterned Cardstock. It is fun to go through the pages of Through The Lens Patterned Cardstock to find some very interesting patterns for small die cut pieces. The piece I chose makes it look like pealed paint on the Lighthouse. Use black card stock to die cut the Lighthouse overlay. Glue the two pieces together. If you use the Elizabeth Craft Designs Clear Double Sided Adhesive on the back of the black card stock, it is very easy to peel off the backing and attach over the Patterned Cardstock.
- Use the Rainbow Sky die set to die cut two clouds and the sun.
- Use the Lighthouse die set to die cut the Anchor using blue card stock.
- Use the Hot Air Balloon die set to die cut three yellow Stars.
- Cut a small rectangle out of red card stock that measures 1 1/4 x 1 1/2 inches.
- Use piece of twine and wrap it around the anchor, gluing in place on the back. Attach the anchor and three stars to the red rectangle.
- Using a piece of gunny sack material, cut a 2 1/2 x 2 1/4 inch rectangle. Fray the edges by pulling out some of the strings. Use Clear Double Sided Adhesive on the back of this piece, to make it easy to attach to the blue card stock.
- Attach the red rectangle at an angle on the frayed gunny sack piece. I used dimensional glue dots to attach.
- Cut a piece of blue card stock measuring 2 3/4 x 2 1/2 inches. Pull the backing off the Clear Double Sided Adhesive and attach the gunny sack piece to the blue card stock. I used deckle scissors to trim the blue card stock close to the frayed gunny sack piece.
- The sentiment for this card was created by using Alphabet Stickers. I had a brass frame, in my stash, I used to go around the sentiment. This frame was attached with Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- Use Clear Double Sided Adhesive to attach all die cut pieces. Start by attaching the blue Stitched Frame over the corrugated card board, leaving the inside edges free. Tuck the clouds under the top edge of the frame and then attach the sun under one of the clouds. Make sure you are leaving enough room to attach the square with the anchor. Attach the framed sentiment.
Tuesday, May 3, 2016
Good Morning. This is the card I designed for my Design Team Blog Post at Elizabeth Craft Designs.
It is always fun to go to the beach for some summer fun. Today I used three of the Joset Designs die sets; Lighthouse, Rainbow Sky, and Hot Air Balloons to create a fun card. Also Els van de Burgt Studio Stitched Frames, Fitted Frames and a piece of her Wood, Through The Lens card stock was used.
Steps for creating this card:
Are you ready for a little fun in the sun!
Soft Finish Cardstock, True Blue, Ladybug Red, Sunflower Yellow, White, Rich Black