Sunday, May 22, 2016

Adventure Awaits


Today I had fun creating an underwater scene using Joset Designs Seahorse and Seaweed dies that will be available soon from Elizabeth Craft Designs.  It is so fun to work with dies because you can use your imagination for, creating different scenes by using several different die sets.  

For the background I used a piece of Els van de Burgt Studio, Stone, Through The Lens, Design Cardstock.  The bottom edge was sponged brown to create the bottom of the sea.  

Seahorse

Both pieces of Joset's Seahorse were die cut twice, to create depth.  I used Embossing Paste to create texture on one of the backing and one of the overlay pieces.  Once dry, both pieces were attached to the second matching die cut.  Distress Ink was used to color the wet Embossing Paste and to sponge around the edges of the seahorse, once it was dry.

Seaweed

Using Joset's Seaweed die set, three coral pieces were die cut.  Before die cutting, a piece of Clear Double Sided Adhesive was added to the card stock and the die placed on the Adhesive side, to die cut.  I needed a sticky surface to add some beaded embellishment, from my stash that I thought created a coral like surface. 

Using Green Iris Shimmer Sheetz, I die cut two ocean plants and attached them together with a small strip of Clear Double  Sided Adhesive. The tips of the ocean plants were twisted to give them a floating effect in the water.

Using the Seaweed die set again, three sets of the sand were die cut.  I had a bottle of craft sand on hand, so added glue to the top of the die cut sand and sprinkled on sand.  (I should have die cut the sand using Clear Double Sided Adhesive because it would have been easier than adding glue to the die cuts then pouring on sand!)

The scene wouldn't be complete without a fish, so I used one of the Elizabeth Craft Designs Stickers.  Glitter was added to a piece of Clear Double Sided Adhesive and several colors of Silk Microfine Glitter added, then rubbed in for shine.   The overlay sticker was attached over the glittered piece and cut out with scissors around the edges of the fish.

Joset Designs will have new Sentiment stamps out soon.  I don't have these yet, so I used one of Karen Burniston's "What's Up?" stamps.  It was stamped using VersaFine Black Ink and die cut using the smallest Els van de Burgt Studio Dotted Scallop Oval dies.  Before taking it out of the die, blue ink was sponged over the edges.

You can create this same scene, without the extra embellishments,  by using the dies to die cut colored card stock or using white card stock and coloring or sponging on the color.  If you are reading the  Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog and Facebook pages, you will find other cards created with these die sets for other ideas.  I have created this card using extra embellishments from my stash, to hopefully give you some ideas and inspiration to look in your crafting supplies to see ways to use some of your crafting products, to add something a little different on your cards.

The following products can be purchased from Elizabeth Craft Designs:



4 comments:

Eva van Buuren said...

Selma, this "Under the Sea" card is really GREAT!!
You are such a VERSATILE ARTIST!!
You create not only GORGEOUS FLOWERS.......you create also WONDERFUL cards with a very different style!!
I'm very impressed...
Hugs, Eva.

Glenda said...

This is amazing! I love the seahorse!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Selma- This is a wonderful underwater scene. Ha ha do I need my bathing suit now?

Unknown said...

Amazing card! I love how you think to add all the little extras that take your creation to the next limit. I would have never thought to twist that seaweed! Thanks so much for the inspiration! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails