Friday, November 27, 2015

Believe


I love how easy it is to create so many totally different Christmas cards using Susan's Garden Notes Poinsettia and Garden Notes Whitepine Bough & Pine Cone dies. This is a 6"x6" card.  I started by adding a piece of design paper to the front.  Today I used Susan's Pan Pastels to shade her Garden Notes Poinsettia petals.  The petals were die cut using red card stock, and shaped with Susan's Flower Tools.   After the petals were shaped,  I sponged on the Extra Dark Red PanPastel around the edges of the petals.  Next I sponged on Orange Shade PanPastel down the center vein of each petal.  Adding the PanPastels created dimension on the petals.

A strip of dark green card stock was cut a little wider than the A Way With Words - Believe die cut to help it show up well.  Both the Believe die cut and a piece of card stock under the green strip were cut using gold sparkle card stock.   The edges of the green strip were distressed before gluing to the gold card stock.

The poinsettia was attached with a dimensional glue dot.  Under the flower I added the Elizabeth Craft Designs Flourishes, also cut from gold sparkle card stock, and some of Susan's Garden Notes Whitepine Bough.  On the upper corners, I added ECD Gold Corner Peel-off Stickers.

Links below to the products used from Elizabeth Craft Designs:

4 comments:

Anne said...

This is beautiful and so elegant! Wonderful! TFS!

craftieodmae said...

Another beautiful creation!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

So pretty. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Eva van Buuren said...

A beautiful Christmas card, Selma!!
I love the Bow. I'll see if I can buy this lovely die somewhere here in the Netherlands.
Thanks for sharing!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails